Summary of Position
Reporting to the Vice President of Advancement, the National Communications Coordinator will serve A Rocha by coordinating communications activities toward the transformation of people and places.
The National Communications Coordinator will assist in promoting transformational storytelling among all A Rocha staff, and will support the VP Advancement and various communications staff located in the regional hubs through technical training and support, in order for all staff to produce transformational storytelling through their various communications pieces.
This is a 3 day per week role (or equivalent hours). Preference is for someone who can be present at the South Surrey location for at least one day per week, but accommodations may be made for remote work depending on the candidate.
DESCRIPTION OF EMPLOYER
A Rocha Canada is a Christian environmental stewardship organization working with 40 staff across the country, through three main regional centres and other smaller programming locations. A Rocha is the only Christian organization in Canada doing on-the-ground conservation and scientific research, and it is the only Christian organization in the 1,200 International Union for the Conservation of Nature. As such, it is uniquely positioned to be a Christian voice in environmental circles, and a gentle voice for creation in Christian circles.
Duties and Responsibilities
Prioritizing of Transformational Storytelling Through Content and Form
· Learn about advanced non-profit storytelling and support that priority in all work with other communications staff
· Listen well for stories of transformation within the organization, and help to collect and craft them for optimal impact
Online Communications Duties
· Light but consistent website management (not programming, but CMS use; adding blog posts, events, updating content on pages, creating new pages)
· Google analytics and Adwords management
· Mailchimp email list management
· Overseeing CASL compliance
· Facebook updates and analytics
· Promotional campaigns for Good Seed Sunday, or other priority campaigns
· Assist or train staff on eventbrite set up for certain events
· Assists in the project management of the annual report
· Direct mail coordination support
· Missions Fest coordination
· Advances the knowledge available to the advancement team by participating in professional organizations, and keeping abreast of current news and industry trends.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have the following qualities:
· Understands and supports the ethos, mission and core values of A Rocha Canada
· Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and in teams
· Excellent attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
· A high level of self-motivation and an ability to take initiative
· A demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality and handle sensitive information
· A quick learner, especially of new software/technology
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
· Strong writing skills
· Project management; a demonstrated ability to handle several projects simultaneously, accommodate shifting priorities, and meet deadlines
The following qualifications are considered an asset but are not required:
· Experience with Wordpress, Mailchimp, Google Analytics, Hootsuite, Basecamp, Eventbrite, Form Assembly, Google docs (training will be provided)
This position requires a criminal record check with a vulnerable persons scan. Specialized site-specific training will be provided in accordance with A Rocha’s Child Protection Policy.
Hours of Work
This is a 0.6 FTE position that entails working 21 hours per week in addition to participation in special events as required.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 23.