2022 Full-Time Assistant Pastor Job Posting
Amazing Grace Community Church eagerly seeks an assistant pastor to work alongside our lead pastor, with the primary role of shepherding those who attend our gathering. Located in the heart of inner-city Lethbridge, Alberta, Amazing Grace is comprised of and ministers to a diverse group of people from all walks of life and spiritual backgrounds. With the Vision/Mission of “Embracing the Love of Jesus we live and share the transforming Gospel so that the City of Lethbridge will become a light of renewed hope”, we value Gospel Centeredness, Kingdom Prayer, Authentic Community, Christ Centred Worship & City Transformation. The assistant pastor needs to demonstrate the love of Christ through traits of compassion, flexibility, and initiative.
Amazing Grace Community Church is seeking an assistant pastor who exhibits:
Skills in Christian Formation
– Participates and grows existing programs and Sunday school classes.
– Experienced in discipling others and the ability to plan and engage believers in active discipleship.
– Shows a genuine love and concern for all people who make up this body of Christ.
– Displays initiative for new discipleship opportunities.
– Acknowledges and encourages the gifts and abilities of the congregation.
An Eagerness To Serve In A Missional Church
– Expresses a genuine heart and engagement for those outside the Christian faith.
– Demonstrates passion for equipping and discipling believers to serve others and share the love of Christ.
– Volunteers in existing outreach programs, such as Community Dinners, Festivals and after-school kids programs.
– Encourages the Senior Pastor in his outreach role.
Strong Interpersonal Skills
– Communicates effectively in individual and group settings, and passionate for building relationships with people of all ages and walks of life.
– Expresses sensitivity to individuals with traumatic experiences.
– Sensitive to Indigenous experiences and be able to use trauma informed practices.
– Collaborates with Session under the guidance of the Senior Pastor.
– Demonstrates a servant heart and teachable spirit.
A Biblical and Theological Foundation
– Has a thorough grasp of and an unwavering faithful commitment to the Word of God and the gospel of Jesus Christ.
– Ordained or willing to be ordained in the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA).
– Working with the pastor in the planning and preaching of messages, initially with preaching monthly and incrementally grow over time.
– Displays a humble reliance on God in his personal life and work in the Church.
For interested applicants, please contact our Search Committee Chair, Tyler Aikema, at: [email protected]