Bethany Chapel has been a wonderful place of worship in Calgary since the 1950’s. We are a Christ-centred, independent church whose vision is… “Opening Doors to God’s Truth and Love.” Currently we are a congregation of 400 who cultivates a strong desire to share the Good News in our community, our nation and our world. Worship plays a central role in our congregational life as we praise God for his faithfulness and trust Him while He directs our future.
Part-time / Full-time:
Bethany is seeking a Worship Director. This position is guaranteed part-time (24 hours per week) with consideration for full time hours if the successful candidate assumes other leadership roles in keeping with their gifts and abilities.
Summary of Duties – The Worship Director will:
· Collaborate with the Lead Pastor to provide consistent direction and implementation of common goals for worship ministry.
· In cooperation with other pastors and leaders, provide leadership of worship services and events including encouraging congregants to desire worship in their daily lives.
· Oversee all team members supporting Sunday worship ministries.
· Help recruit and train volunteers to grow in their abilities with a focus on equipping some to take on leadership roles.
· Demonstrate Christ-like character in all situations.
· Committed to God’s continuing work in their personal life and actively models it to others.
· Be kingdom-focused by placing all priority on drawing people closer to the heart of God through song, prayer and the truth of the Scriptures.
· Strong and clear communicator with a self-starting leadership attitude.
· Strong relational capabilities with volunteers and staff of all ages.
· Appropriate educational, leadership and hand-on ministry experience.
· Adhere to the staff role at Bethany Chapel as outlined in its policies and procedures manual, including regular attendance a weekly staff meetings and adherence to Bethany Chapel’s Code of Conduct for Pastors and Leaders.
· Accepts Bethany Chapel’s Statement of Faith without reservation
Worship Director: (90%)
The Worship Director will be responsible for all aspects of worship at the main service of Bethany Chapel. They will:
· Understand and desire to grow our church by creatively leading worship in the context of our overall purpose.
· Regularly vocalize and express the goal of worship to a multi-generational church by honouring the past, celebrating the present and drawing them toward future forms of worship.
· Maintain a prayerful and Spirit-led attitude pre-service, in-service and during post-service review, always fueled by God’s love and unity for the church
· Plan and lead weekly practice sessions for the teams, helping all prepare for musical proficiency and excellence.
· Provide direction and development of administrative staff and volunteers in the worship ministry, and pastorally care for them
· Provide leadership by practically modeling worship and by coaching and developing others who show potential as worship team leaders.
· Recruit, teach and train worship team participants toward spiritual maturity, relational integrity and musical strength, while ensuring they feel welcomed, resourced, challenged, inspired, loved, led, appreciated, valued and equipped.
· Engage in ongoing professional development to enhance worship ministry within the church.
· Direct, train and oversee: audio, visual and video technicians, sanctuary prayer teams, sermon recordings and podcasts.
· Provide resources for weddings and funerals.
· Provide oversight for people who serve as our FIT – First Impression Team – Ushers, Greeters, Information Desk personnel, Coffee Connection team and Foyer Connectors.
Other Duties: (10%)
· Regularly review content of Bethany’s social media and website on all aspects related to worship ministry.
· Provide personal care through visitation and prayer for team members experiencing need.
· Salary in accordance with Bethany Chapel Policy
· Benefits package in accordance with our policies including dental, medical, insurance, short and long term disability, RRSP matching, Health Care Spending Account and vacation
· Continued educational and resource support
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to:
Executive Pastor | Bethany Chapel