With almost 30 years of influence on communities across Canada and around the world, the BFM Foundation (BFM) has funded the distribution of Bibles and fostered literacy programs. BFM, through its mostly volunteer-run thrift stores, collects garments and small home goods for resale to cost-conscious individuals, thereby keeping these items out of our landfill. The net revenue of these sales – approximately $9.7 million at present – is devoted to their joint ministry with Bible League Canada, and the funds are used in literacy programs, church plant training, children’s ministry programs, and global Bible distribution.
To further support and extend the impact of BFM, and its related entities, the organization seeks a qualified candidate for Chief Financial Officer with deft skills in financial management and strategic discernment in real estate development. In addition to being committed to their mission of “making the life-changing Word of God accessible to people everywhere,” the successful applicant will be resourceful in handling their budget. He or she will also demonstrate exceptional wisdom in guiding people, resources and systems both efficiently and effectively, all with excellent people skills.
The CFO will be working at the new Mission Thrift Store head office, located in London, ON, proceeded by a three-month initial training and orientation will be conducted in Chilliwack, BC.
· Chartered Professional Accountant preferred or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or MBA.
· Excellent people skills with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse and dynamic team.
· Demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting, preferably in the non-profit sector.
· Experience should include legal, audit, compliance, budget and resource development.
· Experience in real estate development would be an asset.
· Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems.
· Flexible and a self-starter; able to multi-task while also being highly detail-oriented.
· Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to the mission of BFM.
· A criminal records check will be required for the successful candidate.
Do you share a passion for seeing the wind of smaller donations become a whirlwind of both immediate and eternal blessings for people in need? Would you like to work alongside similarly committed staff and volunteers, using your well-developed abilities, and knowing that every decision and attempt you make could result in positive impact far beyond your own reach?
Further information on the BFM Foundation and Mission Thrift Store can be found at: www.missionthriftstore.com
If you, or someone you know, would like to begin a confidential conversation about this opportunity or to receive a more detailed Position Profile, please contact:
Candace Bishop, Research Assistant, at email@example.com
Hutchinson Group Inc. is an Executive Search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sectors. With associates in Vancouver, Toronto and Ottawa, we work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations.