Youth & Families Coordinator/Pastor – Boundless Vancouver We invite neighbours into a community of hope.
Job Purpose: The Youth & Family Ministries Coordinator is a pastoral leadership position responsible for youth and families’ ministry. The position involves recruiting, equipping, and overseeing volunteers in collaboration with the Pastoral Team.
• Actively recruit, orientate, train and lead volunteers who are interested and committed to being part of Kid’s Time, Youth Ministry and Brave (Outreach, Discipleship, Prayer, Evangelism, Worship, Fellowship).
• Invite families to BV Gatherings, Camp Sunrise, and other programs as necessary.
• Lead and train a youth committee to oversee pastoral care of youth and children in BV.
• Lead children and youth to respond to the gospel (Presentation & Prayer).
• Assist Spiritual Care Coordinator – plan and prepare events, supervise, and resource mentors and mentees, participate in Brave committees, and partner with other organizations.
• Plan, prepare and lead parent and family events that integrate community ministries and the church
• Provide families with relevant programs, resources, and connections that address their needs.
• Develop and maintain relationships with families encouraging happy and well-developed children and youth, living in peace with God, themselves and with others. Guided by good spiritual values that enrich their lives and allow them to reach their full potential and the welfare of the city.
• Know and act in accordance with security procedures of the The Salvation Army to ensure the safety and confidentiality of participants and information.
• S.M.A.R.T goals will be developed from tasks for Performance Excellence and Coaching reviews.
• Establish annual plans for ministries and maintain written records/logs of activities, including activity reports and statistical information for ministry evaluation.
• Monitor expenditures to ensure conformity to budget provisions.
• Participate as an active member of the Mission Board and Pastoral Team.
• Participate in staff training and development.
• Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
*NOTE: For some jobs, you may be required to provide validated educational documentation.
Education/Certifications: • A degree in Biblical Studies, Youth Ministry, or equivalent work experience with youth.
Required Skills/Knowledge: • Passionate for building gospel-centered relationships with youth, children, and their families.
• A demonstration of personally knowing Jesus through spiritual disciplines, relationships in the church and participation in community faith practices. Specifically, participate in Infinitum – BV spiritual formation and discipleship program.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others.
• Ability to train, supervise and support volunteers. • A desire to be creative and innovative showing initiative with minimal supervision.
• Excellent administrative, organizational, written, digital and verbal communication skills.
• A whole-hearted commitment to support the mission and values of Boundless Vancouver and The Salvation Army.
• Worship Team experience and musical giftings.
• Tech Savvy – Basic graphic design (Adobe and/or Canva), basic website production (Wix, Squarespace), Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Slack.
• Project Management and Event Production experience. Successful candidates, prior to hiring, may be required to provide:
• Background check consent
• A clear vulnerable sector screening
• A clean drivers abstract
• Completion of our online Armatus Abuse Training and required Health and Safety training
HOURS: 35 hours per week The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements. We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.