Start Date: August 1, 2021
Hours per Week: 40 hours
Length of Role: 12-14 months (with possibility of extension)
Position Summary: Burnaby Pacific Grace church (BPGC), is seeking an interim English Youth pastor / English Youth Ministry Worker for a term of 12 months (Maternity leave). The Youth Pastor/ Worker will primarily be responsible to disciple and mentor the church’s students’ ministry team of volunteers towards the fulfilment of the ministry vision and mission of the church and a vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ.
The successful candidate will work closely with the English pastor, and will report to both the English and the Senior pastor. This position is full time (40 Hours/week) for a period of 12 months with a possibility of extension.
About BPGC: Burnaby Pacific Grace (BPGC) began in 1990 as a Cantonese speaking church reaching out to immigrating families from Hong Kong in the early 1990’s. Sensing a need in the late 90’s for the development of the next generation, the English congregation was established. Over the years, by God’s grace, the church has continued to flourish with now the youth ministry consisting of 20+ regular attendees weekly. BPGC is affiliated with the Canadian Mennonite Brethren conference.
1. Provide spiritual care for youth and their walk of faith.
2. Oversee, plan, develop, and nurture the existing Youth ministry team.
3. Oversee and develop Youth fellowships (Friday and Saturday) and youth Sunday schools.
4. Collaborate with Youth ministry team and parents in fulling its vision and mission.
5. Attend regular Pastoral staff meetings and Deacon board meetings.
6. Attend Sunday service and Small groups.
7. Occasional preaching.
8. Other responsibilities as assigned by the English Pastor and Senior Pastor.
1. A committed follower of Christ who is passionate about Youth, develop and grow relationships with high schoolers and walk with them in their faith.
2. 1-2 years of experience working with junior high and senior high age students.
3. Graduated from or currently enrolled in an accredited Bible college or seminary.
4. Experience navigating the intricacies of a multicultural church would be an asset but not required.
5. Ability to communicate in Cantonese would be an asset but not required.
6. Agree and subscribe to the Canadian Mennonite Brethren Confession of Faith.
Please email [email protected] and make sure to include the following to apply for this position:
1. The position title (English Youth Pastor/ English Youth Ministry Worker) as the email subject
2. Your resume attached
3. A cover letter briefly describing your interest in this position attached
4. At least two contactable character references (Please include in your resume)
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.