Start Date: August 1, 2021
Hours per Week: 15-20 Hours
Length of Role: 12 months (with possibility of extension)
The English Pastoral Internship exists to provide potential pastors an opportunity to develop and train within the context and ministry needs at Burnaby Pacific Grace Church (BPGC). Interns will gain an inside look into church ministry, while being mentored and discipled by the pastoral team to nurture their spiritual gifting and character for pastoral ministry in a local church context. Interns will shadow one of our pastoral staff throughout a variety of pastoral responsibilities and are given ownership of a variety of projects and ministry programs to oversee in order to gain experience, provide grounds for discernment and prepare for a life of vocational ministry.
Burnaby Pacific Grace (BPGC) began in 1990 as a Cantonese speaking church reaching out to immigrating families from Hong Kong in the early 1990’s. Sensing a need in the late 90’s for the development of the next generation, the English congregation was established. Over the years, by God’s grace, the church has continued to flourish. BPGC is affiliated with the Canadian Mennonite Brethren conference.
Potential Ministry Opportunities include:
– Preaching and Worship Ministry
– Children’s Ministry
– Youth Ministry
– Evangelism & Alpha
– Sunday school and Christian Education & Formation
– Community Group Coordination and Support
Responsibilities could include but are not limited:
– Participate in Sunday morning operations
– Attend staff meetings
– Attend prayer meetings
– Coordinate church events
– Other responsibilities as assigned by supervising pastor
– A heart and passion for the local church.
– A committed follower Jesus Christ and affirm the Canadian Mennonite Brethren Conference confession of faith.
– Humble and teachable and committed to serving others.
– Demonstrate leadership potential
– Interest in pursuing ministry as a vocation
– Currently enrolled or will enrolled in Bible College/Seminary or recent graduate.
How to Apply:
Please email [email protected] and make sure to include the following to apply for this position:
1. The position title (English Pastoral Internship) as the email subject
2. Your resume attached
3. A cover letter briefly describing your interest in this position attached
4. At least two contactable character references (Please include in your resume)
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.