Carey Hall is a non-profit organisation located within the bustling academic setting of UBC’s picturesque Vancouver campus and is home to Carey Theological College and Carey Centre. We are a small, innovative Christian college entering an exciting time of growth with new theological graduate degree and non-degree programs that are reaching international multi-ethnic Christian communities around the world. We also provide residential accommodation for students and other guests, faculty and administrative offices and meetings/classroom space for students and groups. As such Carey Centre places a significant emphasis on the hospitality of residents, guests and visitors.
We are looking for a Guest Services Associate of the following skills to hit the ground running and become a key member of our administrative team.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Greeting and responding to all visitors and guests in a professional and welcoming manner
– Answering and directing telephone calls, using multiple line system
– Handling voice mail messages, including responding or forwarding as required
– Assist in Freshdesk communications
– Assist in administrative tasks as required
– Maintaining telephone system and associated reports
– Receiving requests for room rentals and updating Carey Centre room rental calendars to ensure space is not double-booked, and that rooms are set up as needed
– Preparing Bank Deposits, Credit Card Deposit summaries as needed
– Other duties as required
Knowledge, Qualities & Experience Required
– Excellent organizational and time management abilities
– Excellent customer service, communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills
– Ability to multitask, establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives under minimal supervision
– Good working knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Word and Excel
– Good working knowledge of Google Workspace, including Calendar, Docs, and Sheets
– Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
– Strong administrative skills and attention to detail
– Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize and deliver well thought out solutions
The salary range is $16 to $18 per hour with meal subsidies and onsite parking.
Interviews will take place beginning June 29, 2022 on an ongoing basis. Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume. Please indicate your interest in working for a faith-based organization like Carey Theological College.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.