The qualified candidate will be responsible for providing clerical and administrative support in the office of the President.
Minimum qualifications include:
· Three to five years progressively responsible secretarial/administrative support experience in a corporate or academic environment
· One year experience with MS Office; experience with donor management software an asset
· Ability to deeply understand Carey’s operations and objectively monitor the pulse and rhythm of the organization
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
· Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and complete multiple tasks within a fast-paced work environment
· Demonstrated ability to perform secretarial and clerical duties with deliberate speed and accuracy without immediate and constant supervision
· Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment in recognizing scope of authority and protecting confidential information
· Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills are essential for this role
· Screen, prepare and edit correspondence, both written and email
· Appointment scheduling for the President
· Coordinate travel arrangements and create itineraries
· Maintain expense reports
· Develop and maintain well-organized filing systems that permit easy reference and rapid retrieval of information
· Provide accurate word-processing support by composing and/or editing a variety of routine and special communication to Board members, staff, faculty, donors, and other key stakeholders. This includes well developed and highly accurate correspondence, memoranda, minutes, contracts and proposals and visual presentations using PowerPoint
· Update donor database and compile monthly and ad hoc reports
· Assist in planning and preparing for special events for the President’s constituencies
· Support the President and Carey Board Chair in preparation and documentation of Board meetings
· Assist the President in preparation of materials for any teaching responsibilities
· Special organizational and research projects as directed
Interviews will take place until the position is filled with a start date as soon as possible. Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and up to one-page description describing a project you completed (i.e. describe the goal of the project, the specific steps you took to complete it and what were the quantitative and qualitative results) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you in advance for your interest in these positions. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Carey is a ministry of the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada.