EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT
A search facilitated by Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. for Carey Theological College.
Carey Theological College has a long and rich heritage of academic development, along with residences built to foster community and support for Christian students, located on the beautiful University of British Columbia campus in Vancouver, BC. As an accredited academic institution grounded in Christ-centred, biblically-faithful, and missions-focussed Christian leadership, Carey continues to be committed to offering world-class theological degrees and Christian discipleship training to the whole family of God.
They are anticipating significant growth in the near future with strategic plans for supporting student advancement both on campus and online, and a ministry centre building project to expand training areas and more than double their residence capacity. Therefore, the President requires a highly motivated, energetic, forward-thinking Executive Assistant partner to facilitate his administrative responsibilities further influenced by Carey’s newly adopted strategic plan. This individual must have the insight to work in step with the President and function as his ambassador among the Board, faculty, staff, students, and other stakeholders, ensuring the ongoing and future success of Carey in the local and worldwide Christian community.
Responsibilities – Basic
· Serve as the primary point of contact in the President’s Office for internal and external stakeholders.
· Screen, prepare and edit correspondence, both written and email.
· Maintain the President’s calendar and schedule appointments on his behalf.
· Coordinate travel arrangements and create itineraries.
· Maintain expense reports for the President’s Office.
· Develop and maintain well-organized filing systems, providing easy reference and rapid retrieval of information.
· Provide highly accurate, well-developed word-processing and presentation support; compose and/or edit a variety of routine and special communication to Board members, staff, faculty, donors and other key stakeholders (e.g. correspondence, memoranda, minutes, contracts, proposals and visual presentations).
· Assist in planning and preparing special events for the President’s constituencies.
· Support the President and Carey Board Chair in the preparation and documentation of Board meetings.
· Prepare agendas, attend meetings, schedule and take minutes at internal and external meetings as requested.
· Assist the President in preparation of materials for any teaching responsibilities.
· Conduct academic research and document editing of academic publishing projects engaged by the President.
Responsibilities – Advanced
The qualified candidate will exercise excellent judgment, demonstrate exceptional oral and written communication skills, and employ best-practice project management methods, enabling the President to attend effectively to his own duties. Higher level responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
· Draft, send and reply to email or other correspondence on behalf of the President.
· Follow through with major institutional initiatives.
· Coordinate the development and execution of projects with the President’s direct reports, specifically the Vice Presidents of Operations, Academics and Advancement, and with the Board Chair and Board committees.
· Solicit, interpret and adjust reports on behalf of the President in areas such as finance, marketing, systems, advancement, curriculum, and enrollment.
· Build and manage a team of administrative personnel for the President’s Office to facilitate Basic Responsibilities (above) as the budget allows and the workload requires. Duties may include interviewing, hiring, orienting, directing and evaluating administrative team members or consultants.
· Three to five years progressively responsible executive/administrative and operational support experience in a corporate or academic environment.
· Advanced ability to explore and understand Carey’s operations.
· Strong ability to sense organizational culture; adept at objectively monitoring the pulse and rhythm of an organization.
· Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment in recognizing the scope of authority, and protect both confidential information and the President’s time.
· Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills are essential for this role.
· Adherence without reservation to the Statement of Faith of Carey Theological College.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently, performing secretarial and clerical duties with deliberate speed and accuracy.
· Advanced ability to organize, prioritize and complete multiple tasks within a fast-paced work environment.
· Intermediate to advanced experience with office productivity software; experience with donor management software an asset.
Location: UBC Campus, 5920 Iona Drive, Vancouver, BC V6T 1J6
Further information about Carey Theological College can be found at https://carey-edu.ca
Applications & Inquiries
If you, or someone you know, would like to start a confidential conversation about this opportunity, please contact Mark Kraft and Larry Nelson at email@example.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.
Please note that only applications from Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents will be considered at this time.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sectors. We work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Toronto.