Coquitlam Chinese Baptist Church, located in Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada, is an established church with two congregations using two languages: Cantonese, and English. We have a membership of about 50. We are presently seeking a full-time lead pastor, specifically focusing on the Cantonese congregation with 30 worshippers.
– He should be an ordained minister of like faith and doctrine.
– He must have been called by God and possess the qualities exemplified by Christ (John 10; John 21:15-17). His beliefs and teachings are in harmony with the tenets of the Church.
– He must have a proven ability to lead, to teach and to shepherd a congregation of the size and nature of this Church.
– He shall possess the necessary qualifications as set forth in the Scriptures (1 Tim. 3:1-7).
– He must accept and be willing to act in accordance with the Church’s Constitution and Bylaws.
– His spouse must also be a Christian and be willing to serve the Lord together with the Pastor.
– He should have bachelor of Divinity/Theology or higher
– He should have Canadian/North American ministry experience
– He should have verifiable experience as an ordained pastor in a successful ministry.
– He should be ethnically Chinese with strong Hong Kong culturally background
– He should be fluent in Cantonese language skills and English language skills
The lead pastor is responsible for leading the Church to function as a New Testament church. He is the leader of the pastoral ministries of the Church.
As such, he works with the deacons, the Church Council and other pastoral staff:
i)to lead the Church in spiritual growth.
ii)to lead the Church to engage in a fellowship of worship, witness, education, ministry and application.
iii)to administer the ordinances of the Church.
iv)to proclaim the Gospel to believers and unbelievers.
v)to care for the Members of the Church and persons in the community.
The Pastor shall be accountable to the Members through the Church Council.