Our mission is transforming college students to transform the world. We call college students to serve Jesus Christ with their entire lives by:
1. Sharing the Gospel with students and developing passionate disciples of Jesus Christ
2. Serving together with the church and inviting students into the lives of local congregations
3. Giving students a vision for serving Jesus Christ in their studies, jobs, communities, and families
Our vision is to see a generation of college students transformed by the power of Jesus Christ and His Gospel, in partnership with the local church, reaching the world for the glory of God.
1. All things belong to God.
2. Jesus changes people’s lives.
3. We love college students.
4. We embrace God’s multiethnic kingdom.
5. Faithfulness is pursued together.
6. We celebrate life.
At the core of CCO ministry is the understanding that God works through the Church to fulfill His purposes in the world. This means the local church is the proper context for gathering, equipping, and sending students into a life-long Kingdom mission. Our Partnership model ensures the CCO and local church gather around a shared vision, design a ministry strategy, and choose a Campus Ministry Staff person together who will help mobilize the church to reach students and develop them as future Christian leaders.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Catalyze Kingdom transformation at Fresno State University, Fresno Pacific University, and Fresno City College by sharing the Gospel, inviting students into the life of the local church, and mobilizing the Christian community and churches to engage ministry on campus. Develop deep collaboration between church/community members and students that promotes strong biblical discipleship, life-long commitment to the Church, and the flourishing of Christ’s kingdom in their local context and all areas of life. Oversee programming for the Pink House, a year-long residential discipleship program of First Presbyterian Church, Fresno that leads young adults through growth in biblical community, urban ministry, and leadership development.
To learn moe about the position and view the complete job description please click here.