CCO Campus Ministry Staff are employees of the CCO. In partnership with Grove City Alliance Church, this position reaches out to serve students at both Grove City College and Slippery Rock University.
Our mission is transforming college students to transform the world. We call college students to serve Jesus Christ with their entire lives by:
1. Sharing the Gospel with students and developing passionate disciples of Jesus Christ.
2. Serving together with the church and inviting students into the lives of local congregations. 3. Giving students a vision for serving Jesus Christ in their studies, jobs, communities, and families.
Our vision is to see a generation of college students transformed by the power of Jesus Christ and His Gospel, in partnership with the local church, reaching the world for the glory of God.
1. All things belong to God.
2. Jesus changes people’s lives.
3. We love college students.
4. We embrace God’s multiethnic kingdom.
5. Faithfulness is pursued together.
6. We celebrate life.
At the core of CCO ministry is the understanding that God works through the Church to fulfill His purposes in the world. This means the local church is the proper context for gathering, equipping, and sending students into a life-long Kingdom mission. Our Partnership model promotes deep collaboration between the CCO and the local church where vision for ministry, ministry strategy, and ministry design are mutually shared. The CCO places Campus Ministry Staff to help mobilize the church to reach students and develop them as future Christian leaders.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Catalyze Kingdom transformation at Grove City College (GCC) and Slippery Rock University (SRU) by sharing the Gospel, inviting students into the life of the local church, and mobilizing the Christian community and churches to engage in ministry on campus. Develop deep collaboration between church/community members and students that promotes strong biblical discipleship, life long commitment to the Church, and the flourishing of Christ’s kingdom in their local context and all areas of life.
● Develop and routinely revise a ministry plan according to the CCO’s Annual Ministry Plan and Campus Playbook.
● Ensure a consistent and visible presence of Grove City Alliance Church (GCAC) on campus and in meeting with students through regular participation in GCC and SRU activities.
● Collect and maintain student contact information and follow up and invite students to ministry opportunities.
● Plan and facilitate gatherings of students on campus throughout the week that include prayer, teaching, evangelism, leadership development, and applying Scripture to life in college and beyond.
● Invite students regularly to church gatherings, CCO’s Jubilee conference and other transformative opportunities.
● Establish a healthy relationship with the college and university that honors the guidelines of both establishments for outside organizations and promotes sustainable campus access for the CCO at GCC and SRU.
● Introduce GCAC youth attending GCC or SRU to college ministry opportunities on their campuses.
● Effectively and consistently communicate the vision and progress of college ministry within the church.
● Connect students into discipleship opportunities and relationships within the church body.
● Invite and equip congregants to provide hospitality, mentorship, and discipleship of college students with the aim of sending them out as leaders to their spheres of influence.
● Support the overarching goals and efforts of the entire church by being an active part of the staff team and maintaining a servant-leadership mentality in all aspects of ministry.
● Build a team of church volunteers who support and engage with students in college ministry.
● Integrate students into the life of the church asking them to serve in ministry’s congruent with their gifts.
● Develop and mobilize student leaders to co-labor in the on campus fellowship, evangelism, and Bible studies.
● Disciple and mobilize leaders among students at GCC, SRU and GCAC to live out their faith in service and evangelism.
Ministry Context & Partnership
● Steward a positive relationship with GCAC that encourages long-lasting ministry in partnership with CCO.
● Attend regular GCAC staff meetings.
● Fully participate in GCAC.
Other Projects & Duties Assigned
● Participate in all required CCO Training.
● Report ministry outcomes through CCO Mid-Year/Year-End Reflections and Annual Campus Stats documents.
● Pray regularly and frequently for the ministry of the CCO.
● Exceed 100% of support raising ministry goals.
● Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
● Bachelor’s Degree Required.
● 2-4 years ministry experience required.
● Collaborates with teams.
● Manages contending priorities and tasks in a timely manner.
● Displays initiative and can work independently.
● Ability to engage a wide range of audiences.
● Cultivate growth through regular worship in a local church, prayer, Scripture study, and other spiritual disciplines.
● Displays personal conduct consistent with CCO’s Statement of Faith, Core Values and employee handbook.
● Review and adhere to all general expectations of Review and adhere to all general expectations of GCAC staff team.
● Plan and pursue professional development opportunities approved by your Staff Director.
● Maturity to be a pastoral presence in the lives of college students.
● Demonstrates a passion for the Gospel, the Church, and college students.
● Proactive in preparation and timely in response.
● Encourages the growth and development of others.
● Values excellence.
● Ability to lift 20lbs.
● Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation for travel.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
To apply today, please click here!