Our mission is transforming college students to transform the world. We call college students to serve Jesus Christ with their entire lives by:
1. Sharing the Gospel with students and developing passionate disciples of Jesus Christ.
2. Serving together with the church and inviting students into the lives of local congregations.
3. Giving students a vision for serving Jesus Christ in their studies, jobs, communities, and families.
Our vision is to see a generation of college students transformed by the power of Jesus Christ and His Gospel, in partnership with the local church, reaching the world for the glory of God.
1. All things belong to God.
2. Jesus changes people’s lives.
3. We love college students.
4. We embrace God’s multiethnic kingdom.
5. Faithfulness is pursued together.
6. We celebrate life.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
This senior leadership position provides executive-level vision, mentorship and oversight of the CCO’s on campus ministries, partnerships, and training. The VP for Ministry drives the development of innovative ways to reach college students through the local church and leads a team focused on evangelism, teaching, relationship, and discipleship. A distinctive feature of the CCO is our partnership with the local church and our theological approach to ministry and discipleship which views the arc of scripture via Creation, Fall, Redemption, and Restoration. With this model and theological approach the VP for Ministry oversees and supports the active stewardship of ensuring healthy and growing church partnerships as well as partnership growth and development. The VP for Ministry will also supervise and support the CCO’s training and equipping resources for staff. This position reports directly to the CEO, will have direct Board of Directors interaction, and is a contributing member of the organizations Executive Leadership Team.
Campus Ministry & Student Discipleship
● Provide structure, leadership and supervision to Campus Ministry Department: (staff directors and campus staff).
● Ensure Directors provide mentorship, support and supervision to Campus Staff for the successful implementation of ministry on campus and in partnership with the church.
● Sustain and develop CCO’s philosophy and theology of ministry including a robust understanding of and strategy for discipleship congruent with a biblical/Reformational worldview equipping students to faithfully follow Jesus in every sphere of life.
● Build and implement a strategy and plan that includes short-term and long-term outcomes-based ministry goals that results in thriving ministry to students.
● Clarify a vision for evangelism and discipleship of students in the CCO by aligning ministry goals and focus.
● Mentor and develop departmental and key ministry personnel.
● Provide vision and grounding for an effective and growing campus ministry across all sites and teams.
● Actively engage with on-the-ground staff across locations to ensure a consistent, first-hand knowledge of the needs and effectiveness of ministry at the local level.
Church Partnership Development & Support
● Provide leadership, oversight and supervision to the CCO’s Partnership Department. Ensure the sustainability and development of CCO’s mission to reach the college campus in partnership with the local church.
● Ensure and support engagement with existing partners through regular forums crafted to hear from them about their needs and provide insights into the efficiency and health of partnerships from the partner’s perspective.
● Ensure concrete strategies and processes for developing and managing partnerships.
● Cultivate vision, structures, and collaboration between campus ministry team, partnership team and training team that contribute toward the implementation of coherent and effective ministry strategy outcomes.
Training Department Oversight
● Provide leadership, oversight and supervision to the training team to ensure campus staff are equipped to build, cultivate and grow thriving on campus student ministries that are connected to the local church.
● Supervise the continued development of a curriculum and process to support a consistent approach to the evangelism and discipleship of college students.
Proven Strategic & Organizational Leadership
● Development, oversight, and execution of an annual departmental plan and budget.
● Servant leadership.
● Active walk with Jesus in demonstrative ways which act as a model to team members, including regular practice of spiritual disciplines and frequent prayer.
● Supervision of direct reports, including performance and assessment, short and long-term strategic planning and objectives, budget administration, and personnel management.
● Departmental leadership in implementing relevant and engaging events and initiatives in a manner that encourages people from diverse traditions, cultures, and perspectives.
● Exceed 100% of support raising ministry goals.
● Ensures departmental collaboration and supports a matrix management approach.
REQUIRED SKILLS & CAPABILITIES
● Bachelor’s degree in Theology, Higher Education, Religious Studies, Pastoral Ministry or related field.
● 10+ years of nonprofit/ministry leadership (people and organization) experience.
● 10+ years of dynamic campus ministry experience.
● 5+ years demonstrated experience in cross-cultural ministry.
Skills & Capabilities
● Experienced organizational leader adept at influence and collaboration.
● Demonstrated success in program design for evangelism, mentorship, and outreach.
● Proven ability to establish and grow relationships with external stakeholders.
● Proven experience in budgeting and strategic planning.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills.
● Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
● Demonstrated success exercising sensitivity to diversity.
● Wisdom in navigating relationships within a Christian community.
● Proven ability to establish relationships with internal stakeholders.
● A self-directed leader with an entrepreneurial spirit who is excited to scale our team and organization.
● An excellent project manager with a proven ability to craft and implement people operations strategies that drive results.
● A natural coach and mentor with an ability to champion relationships with all levels of the team, to relate well with others, to listen effectively, and to help employees at all levels achieve their development goals.
● A strong communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong presentation skills.
● A highly ethical individual with unquestioned integrity and the experience, confidence, and stature to effectively address critical HR and operational issues with complete discretion and confidentiality.
● A data driven decision-maker with the ability to advocate for investments in people operations strategies from a return on investment perspective.
● A highly curious individual with a growth attitude.
● Must be able to work evenings and weekends when necessary.
● Must be able to travel approximately 30% travel, as needed (post-COVID).
● Consistent, regular worship in a local church, prayer, Scripture study, and other spiritual disciplines.
● Exemplify servant leadership in style and approach.
● Displays personal conduct consistent with CCO Statement of Faith, Core Values and the CCO employee handbook.
● Master’s degree in Theology, Higher Education, Divinity, Spirituality, Pastoral Ministry, or a related field preferred.
● 15+ years’ of nonprofit/ministry leadership (people and organization) experience.
● 15+ years’ of dynamic campus ministry experience.
● 15+ years’ proven experience in cross-cultural ministry.
Apply today using the following link!
Questions? Contact our Director of Talent Acquisition & Mobilization, Anika Cordle: [email protected]