Our mission is transforming college students to transform the world. We call college students to serve Jesus Christ with their entire lives by:
1. Sharing the Gospel with students and developing passionate disciples of Jesus Christ.
2. Serving together with the church and inviting students into the lives of local congregations.
3. Giving students a vision for serving Jesus Christ in their studies, jobs, communities, and families.
Our vision is to see a generation of college students transformed by the power of Jesus Christ and His Gospel, in partnership with the local church, reaching the world for the glory of God.
1. All things belong to God.
2. Jesus changes people’s lives.
3. We love college students.
4. We embrace God’s multiethnic kingdom.
5. Faithfulness is pursued together.
6. We celebrate life.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To increase the CCO’s application of its core purpose to all college students. The primary responsibility of the Multiethnic Ministry Assistant Director is to provide resources, training and development opportunities for all CCO staff, departments and partners around diversity, equity and belonging.
● Assist in developing and maintaining a Biblical theology of God’s multiethnic kingdom
● Lead CCO staff and partners in Bible-based multiethnic ministry skills, heart, and knowledge
● Assist the Director, working collaboratively with the Development Department, to fundraise for for programs and CCO funds designated for the Multiethnic Ministry.
● Collaborate with the Talent, Acquisition and Mobilization Department to continue to develop and revise recruitment and hiring initiatives and strategies that foster diversity, equity and belonging.
Staff Mentoring and Development
● Provide resources and guidance to the CCO staff to integrate the CCO multiethnic ministry strategy with transformative opportunities (Spring break trips, Jubilee, OCBP, and Summer Opportunities).
● Mentor CCO staff and partners in Bible-based cross cultural ministry skills, heart, and knowledge in collaboration with the director.
● Provide CCO staff development around ethnic identity and cultural awareness.
● Coordinate video calls to engage the CCO’s 4th Core Value, We Embrace God’s Multiethnic Kingdom.
● Develop book club opportunities for diversity, equity and belonging.
Other Projects & Duties Assigned
● Member of the CCO Diversity Council.
● Pray regularly and frequently for the ministry of the CCO.
● Exceed 100% of support raising ministry goals.
● Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
● Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.
● Demonstrated experience and success ministering in a cross cultural environment.
● Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
● Collaborates with teams.
● Manages competing priorities and tasks in a timely manner.
● Displays initiative and can work independently.
● Ability to engage a wide range of audiences.
● Nurture growth through regular worship in a local church, prayer, Scripture study, and other spiritual disciplines.
● Displays personal conduct consistent with CCO Statement of Faith, Core Values and the CCO employee handbook.
● Plan and pursue professional development opportunities approved by the department lead.
● Demonstrates a passion for the Gospel, the church, and college students.
● Proactive in preparation and timely in response.
● Encourages the growth and development of others.
● Values excellence.
● Ability to lift 20lbs.
● Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation for travel.