Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. for Christian Credit Union, Edmonton
Chief Member Experience Officer
For over 50 years the leadership and staff of the Christian Credit Union (CCU) have been committed to helping people exercise good stewardship of the financial resources that God has given them and use their wealth to build and spur on the kingdom of God in Jesus Christ. They are passionate about serving people, fostering teamwork among their staff and between staff and CCU members, and providing ethical and godly financial guidance.
Recently the Member Representatives (Board of Directors) and Chief Executive Officer identified the need for an additional key player in their senior leadership team: a Chief Member Experience Officer (CMEO). The successful candidate for CMEO will consistently demonstrate:
· exceptional emotional intelligence,
· highly-developed corporate strategy development skills, and
· well-honed leadership abilities
to guide and advise the front-line teams in their services to members, optimizing member retention, engagement and overall enhanced experience. Working primarily from the head office in Edmonton, the CMEO will report to the CEO and will be responsible for the Branch Managers in Edmonton and Lethbridge and the Business Banking Team.
· Takes a key role in working collaboratively with the senior leadership team in the development of corporate strategies and policies that build out an enhanced membership experience.
· Communicate and support the corporate strategy within your areas and execute initiatives in support of the strategy to achieve their intended results.
· Identify staff development opportunities and provide effective coaching and training particularly in the area of sales and customer service.
· Foster an environment of mutual respect and job satisfaction.
· Develop a sense of teamwork and collaborations between all departments.
· Establishes performance standards and annual plans for all direct reports.
· Responsible for the overall management, direction and coordination of the Branch management and Business Banking activities.
· Work collaboratively with the Credit Union’s marketing function and strategy.
· Ensure adherence to all policies and procedures in order to mitigate the risk of loss and ensure compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements.
· Establishes policies that promote the Credit Union’s culture, core values and vision.
· Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Promote the application of biblical stewardship principles in all of the Credit Union’s operations.
· Reflect the following character traits which align with CCU’s values:
o Humble – we will share credit, emphasize team over self, and define success collectively rather than individually.
o Hungry – we will be self-motivated and diligent; constantly thinking about the next opportunity to achieve our vision.
o People Smart – we will show respect to all people and be interpersonally appropriate and aware; we will listen to what others are saying, ask good questions, and stay engaged in conversations intently.
· Complete tasks accurately within assigned time frames.
· Active participation in credit union team and community events, marketing campaigns, team meetings and coaching sessions.
Required Education and Experience
· Bachelor of Commerce or Business Major with preference given to a Masters Degree.
· Relevant accreditation in Retail or Business Banking is an asset and highly preferred.
· Prior experience in marketing and sales would be an asset.
· 8+ years of leadership experience in a financial environment.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Attributes
· Adept at operationalizing strategic objectives and leading leaders to accomplish the vision.
· Proven leadership skills and employee engagement.
· Effective organizational, marketing, and delegation skills.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Flexible and able to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
· Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Able to escalate and seek direction for workload constraints in a timely manner.
· Displays a positive attitude towards work, co-workers and managers.
· Agree to the Statement of Faith that all members are required to sign.
Key Performance Criteria
· Meaningful contribution to the achievement of the overall strategic goals and metrics for the Credit Union.
· Profitability and revenue growth goals are met.
· Meet additional agreed upon goals and metrics for the position.
· Team development, effective growth and completed programs including, but not limited to, performance reviews, coaching, mentorship, training and development.
If you have extensive banking leadership experience supported by solid financial education, are passionate about living out your Christian values through guiding the strategic stewardship of others, and are able to develop and implement strategic people engagement initiatives then let’s talk!
Further information on the Christian Credit Union can be found at: www.christiancu.ca
Application Deadline: October 5, 2018
If you or someone you know, would like to start a confidential conversation about this opportunity or to receive a more detailed Opportunity Profile, please contact:
Larry Nelson and Mark Kraft @ email@example.com
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sectors. We work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg and Toronto.