Church on Five is a unique, multicultural congregation in the city of Richmond living out the way of Jesus together for the life of our city. We believe that the church is a family on mission, and we are committed to letting the unconditional love of Jesus shape our lives in every way.
The Worship Pastor of Church on Five will be responsible for all elements of the Sunday service, leading their team toward the vision of creating a vibrant, authentic environment in which our community can meet with Jesus.
Reports to: Lead Pastor, Rachel
Position Hours: Part-time, 20 – 25 hours a week
– Creating a culture of passionate worship that engages the church community
We desire a modern style of worship that is vibrant, energetic and joyful, creating an environment of passion and hunger for God.
– Developing and empowering worship leaders and teams
– Incorporating experiential components such as corporate prayer, testimonies, and communion
– Owning and scheduling for all elements of the service, with special attention to days like kickoff Sunday, Christmas Eve, Easter, etc.
– Overseeing and training all technical and visual teams as well as maintenance of technical equipment
– Overseeing the sanctuary environment
– Playing a meaningful role in working with the lead pastors to create a healthy church culture
– Looking into the future, creating a Night of Worship experience 3-4 times a year and developing a video team
– Other pastoral duties / funerals as the need arises
– Lives out of a passionate relationship with Jesus, leading with a pastoral heart and Christ-like character
– Exhibits the capacity to develop worship leaders and a band musically in the modern worship style, leading vocally from a guitar
– Functions as part of a healthy, dynamic team valuing trust, communication, and honesty
– Is an “owner” of CO5 and engages meaningfully in worship, missional communities, and other church-wide initiatives
– Has alignment with the church’s vision, ministry approach, and relational culture
– Holds experience leading a band
– Degree in a pastoral field is preferred
For all interested, we would love to get to know you. Please send a resume and a video sample of your worship leading to [email protected] If you have any questions about the position, please contact Rachel at 604-274-2811.