City on a Hill Foursquare Church
Location: New Westminster or online
Duration: Permanent Part-Time (20 hours per week with full-time benefits after 3 months)
Position: Children’s Pastor
The Children’s Pastor is responsible for ensuring the spiritual growth and development of children ages three (and in Preschool) through 7th grade. Their primary role is to create an environment which fosters their discipleship to become kingdom-minded people who dream to shape their world. This includes curriculum selection, volunteer recruitment and development, classroom management, and operational management necessary to ensure successful children’s services and periodic special events. The Children’s Pastor plays an important role to foster an environment in which the children feel safe to grow in their relationship with Jesus and also tap into the fullness of the Holy Spirit.
● Born again Christian who feels a call by God into ministry
● Love for children and families – partner with each child and their family
● Must be an ordained minister or be willing to work towards ordination under the Foursquare denomination
● Strong organizational and leadership skills
● Ability to build and lead volunteer teams
● Heart to expand His Kingdom, with a desire to reach families and children outside of COAH
● Ability to work in a team environment
● Willingness to self-assess areas of growth and development
● Capability to have Sunday services online
● Proficient with social media, when needed
● Cast an overarching vision & mission for the ministry
● Oversee all programming (online and in person) and ministry for children ages three (and in Preschool) through 7th grade, including Sunday services, summer programming, and special events (ie. worship team practice, discipleship and bible study with the older kids, family visits, girls & boys nights,)
● Choose and prepare curriculum for each program and each age level
● Create a safe and welcoming environment, activities and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
● Recruit, train, schedule and lead teams of volunteer teachers, including monthly
● Provide pastoral care for children and families within the church including visitations and follow-up as required.
● Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families.
● Cast vision for the church’s annual Kids’ Camp outreach event including music selection, development of messages/teaching, and utilization of games and other artistic elements in the inspiration of children in learning about God.
● Willing to be creative to take different approaches to Sunday services
● Meet each child where they are, while encouraging and challenging them and their families to go deeper through discipleship and other means.
● Be prayerful and intentional in your own walk with God.
● Attend CoaH’s sunday services, join a haven (community group), and be involved in church related events
● Prepare an annual budget for children’s ministries and manage spending to budget.
● Attend bi-weekly staff meetings with senior pastors, young adult pastor and admin
● Perform other duties as assigned (ie. update members in bi-AGM)
Education and Experience:
The successful candidate must be an ordained minister or be willing to work towards ordination, as well as 5-7 years of volunteer or work experience with children’s ministry. We are looking for a strong leader with a solid work ethic; has the desire to personally develop character and grow as a leader and pastor; and possess a passion for teaching children about God. Having working knowledge of creative programming related to children’s classes and special events is an asset. Having familiarity with online technologies such as Zoom, Facebook, Instagram will be very helpful. Completion of first aid certification and criminal record check will be required for the successful applicant.
Permanent 20-hours per week
Please forward your resume to [email protected] Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you to all who apply!