The Community Presbyterian Church of Onalaska is a small rural church located in the heart of southwest Washington, half way between Portland and Seattle. We are currently looking for an individual or married couple who has a heart and call to Pastor to a small and aging congregation that has a desire to rebuild for the future. Some of the qualifications we are looking for are:
1. You must have a heart for a rural lifestyle, and know or be willing to learn to minister within this culture,reaching out and investing in the community by developing relationships within the church as well as outside the church.
2. You will probably need to supplement your income outside the local church.
3. If you are inexperienced but willing to be committed to ministry development, allow an experienced intern Pastor to provide mentoring, as well as work within the leadership structure of a reformed Presbyterian tradition. If you are more experienced, provide leadership within the existing leadership teams with a serving attitude.
4. Be someone willing to preach and teach the basics of the Word of God, with an emphasis in a reformed tradition, but as always, spiritual maturity being the goal.
5. Must be ordainable in the Evangelical Presbyterian Church