The Congregational Engagement Coordinator will spearhead and organize tasks related to the Cultivating Communities initiative, working with faith communities (and their partners) across Marion County that are developing place-based collective impact strategies for comprehensive community development and economic mobility of neighborhood residents.
Responsibilities and Duties
● Assist in coordinating and cultivating engagement with faith communities across a diversity of religious traditions.
● Assist in data collection and management.
● Coordinate and engage with project partners.
● Attend and participate in a variety of team and partner meetings.
● Organize and participate in the facilitation of webinar series aimed at congregations.
● Organize and participate in the facilitation of city-wide Learning Cohorts.
● Work with faith communities in the implementation of community economic development initiatives.
● Assist in duties related to grant management, including reporting and evaluation.
● Experience with or knowledge of asset-based community development
● Working knowledge of Indianapolis neighborhood geography
● Excellent and professional communication skills
● Ability to collaborate and negotiate with others to implement and accomplish shared objectives
● Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and the organizational skills to
coordinate events and processes
● Ability to communicate and work with people from a variety of socio-economic, racial,
ethnic, religious and political backgrounds, beliefs, and practices
● Preference will be given and primarily sought for persons with experience serving in
African-American congregational contexts
● Conversational Spanish is helpful, but not required