The Mandarin Ministry in ECC serves two Mandarin congregations at two different campuses – Seattle (SEA-Man) and Redmond (RED-Man). Since the planting of the Eastside Campus and 3 additional Congregations, the pastoral ministry has worked as a team under the “One church multi-campuses” model to shepherd 6 congregations and oversee the ministry activities for three language tracks on both campuses. In the past ten years, the Lord has blessed all congregations with steady growth. As ECC grows into our fifth decade and beyond, the Lord has provided new opportunities for the Mandarin ministry to continue to grow. Although the descriptions here are aligned to the current ministry model, the job responsibilities and structures will continue to evolve with the congregation’s needs. The importance of teamwork, interpersonal relationship, and willingness to be subservient to the Holy Spirit cannot be over-emphasized.
OBJECTIVE OF THE SEARCH
The Evangelical Chinese Church of Seattle intends to add a pastoral staff member to co-labor with Mandarin-speaking pastors and elders in overall ministry development. This pastor/minister will join all the pastoral staff and elders, with emphasis on
(1) Shepherding Mandarin-speaking young adult professionals and families
(2) Training co-workers to serve and care
(3) Developing plans to expand the number of coworkers/mentors to care for new transplants and families
(4) Co-laboring with elders and pastors as a team to serve the Mandarin congregation at the Seattle Campus and develop the ministry for the Church
1. Spiritually mature (according to 1 Timothy 3) with a passion for pastoring, caring, and outreach ministries
2. Seminary graduate with a Master of Divinity degree or equivalent from an accredited institution; training and expertise or experience in Christian counseling preferred
3. Team player with strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, and a humble and gentle character
4. Comfortable working with Mandarin congregants of all ages
5. Familiar with both Chinese and American Cultures; Fluency in English is a plus
6. Agree with ECC Statement of Faith
7. Eligible to be an ECC member and to be employed in the US
1. Ministering to the Mandarin congregation through visitation, counseling, and supervision of fellowships/small groups. The initial major focus will be on the young adults, young couples, and young family groups of the Seattle campus. Specific focus areas may be developed as the relationships and needs arise.
2. Focusing on ministries of caring, fellowship, family, and newcomers
3. Equipping and Training of coworkers for mentorship, outreach, shepherding, caring, and visitation
4. Sharing in the responsibilities in other pastoral ministries, including administrative duties
5. Sharing in the responsibilities in campus and church-wide ministries
6. Preaching in the Mandarin worship service as scheduled
7. Collaborating in various ministries of the church as directed by the Mandarin pastor/elders and council
This pastoral staffer will work under the direction of and be accountable to the ECC Elder Board and the Seattle-Mandarin Pastor in all areas of his/her ministry. The person in this position will also work closely with the Seattle Councils, particularly the Seattle-Mandarin Council.
PROCEDURE FOR CANDIDACY
This position is a permanent position and is subject to the Church By-Laws and Washington State’s “At-Will” legislation.
For fullest consideration, applicant materials should be received by September 14, 2018. Candidates should provide a curriculum vitae, 3 references, and a letter of interest plus completed application form in confidence to email@example.com.
The position is open and available immediately.