EVANGELICAL FREE CHURCH OF LETHBRIDGE
Director of High School Ministries
We love God, love one another, and love our neighbours so that people become passionately committed to hearing and obeying God, and teaching others to do the same.
We dream of being a movement of people who build bridges into our neighbourhoods and the world because God has created a bridge of love to us.
We desire to:
· passionately follow the Father and be transformed into His likeness
· graciously enfold anyone into our warm and loving, Spirit-led family
· boldly love our community, speaking hope through Jesus and reaching out to those in need
Job Title: Director of High School Ministries
Hours: Full Time
Purpose of the Position:
To move forward the mission of EFCL by directing, overseeing, and forming teams to disciple our youth to become people who hear and obey the Word of God and teach others to do the same.
To give direction and oversight to the high school ministries.
To help students understand the journey of our souls, encouraging and supporting them to develop their love for God and seeing others come to know Jesus; each one reaching one.
Reports to: TBD
Education and Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Theology, Biblical Studies, or Youth Ministry
· Previous youth ministry experience
· Affinity for young people
· Proficient understanding of challenges and needs of young people
· Excellent teaching skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
· Excellent organizational skills
· Good computer skills, and proficiency with social media
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Live an exemplary life as a disciple of Christ who seeks to hear and obey God’s voice and teaches others to do the same
2. Lead, shepherd, and equip team leaders for the purpose of expanding the Kingdom of God
· Facilitate the development of teams
· Oversee the high school youth leaders and volunteers
· Support, mentor, and train interns, volunteers, or part time staff
· Recruit, equip, support, and hold interns, volunteers, or part time staff accountable
· Intentionally equip interns, volunteer, and part time staff to grow as disciples of Christ who make disciples of Christ
3. Teach and Disciple
· Design, oversee, and examine curriculum for high school youth programs, events, classes, and small groups
· Instruct leaders on how to plan and implement activities, service projects, weekend retreats, special events, etc. that reflect EFCL’s mission
· Train leaders to incorporate youth into various church ministries
· Incorporate the EFCL Discipleship Plan with high school youth
4. Develop Relationships to Share Christ and His Good News
· With students and their parents
· With schools and the education community
· Develop a high school youth program that is inclusive of multiple cultures
5. Other duties may be assigned from time to time as necessary
If, after prayerful consideration, you feel called to this position then we want to hear from you.
To apply, please send the following in PDF format to the private and confidential email [email protected] with the subject line ‘Director of High School Ministries’:
· A cover letter expressing why you are interested and how your experiences have prepared you for this ministry
· Your comprehensive resume
· Your faith story
· Your philosophy of ministry
Applications received until a suitable candidate is found.