Faith Church exists to glorify God by discipling people in the Gospel to love God, God’s people, and God’s world. Established in Toronto, Ontario on May 9, 2004 by a small group of single young adults with a pastor’s family, our growing church now has an expanding next generation ministry (FaithKids, FaithYouth, and FaithYoungAdults), a wonderful missionary support ministry, and a committed core group of members dedicated in serving the local community called Willowdale. Faith Church is part of The Fellowship of Evangelical Churches (FEB).
Our founding pastor, in obedience to the Lord, is formally establishing a leadership ministry that will serve local churches and organizations. He will transition out of his current role at the end of 2022.
Therefore, our Faith Family is seeking a new full-time senior pastor to shepherd our congregation.
• Eligible for active membership in Faith Church
• Scripturally qualified for the position of elder as defined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
• In full agreement with the belief statement of FEB (https://www.fellowship.ca/WhatWeBelieve)
• Loves Jesus and is committed to personal spiritual maturity
• Loves people and strives to be humble, relational, and possess a shepherding heart
• Is obedient to the Great Commission by participation in world missions as defined in Romans 10:13-15 • Pastoral ministry experience of 5+ years or equivalent
• A Master’s degree from an evangelical seminary or equivalent
• Recent vulnerable sector clearance
• As lead elder, provide spiritual leadership working closely with the elders (attending regular elder’s meetings) and administrative leadership working closely with the deacons (attending regular deacon’s meetings)
• Work in close partnership with the Director of Children’s Ministry who oversees the FaithKids and FaithYouth ministry (maintaining an open line of communication)
• Preach and teach God’s Word with sound Gospel-centered doctrine, clarity, and relevance to a multi-ethnic and multi- generational congregation
• Provide spiritual care, shepherding, and pastoral counselling (regular pastoral visitations in-person, phone, virtually using an online platform, and etc.)
• Build relationships with other spiritual/community leaders in Willowdale
To be discussed
The church leadership is committed to financially care for the pastor and his family