YOUTH & VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR
Far East Broadcasting Canada’s mission is to bring the good news of Jesus Christ to the world through media, mainly SW, FM, AM and Internet radio. For nearly 60 years, it has partnered with the global FEBC network to produce radio and internet programming, as well as providing funding, so that the unreached in the remotest corners of the earth will hear and be transformed. FEBC International currently broadcasts in approximately 150 languages on 250+ stations in 50 countries around the world, 365 days a year, and 1500+ hours a day.
Young people have the potential to be an important catalyst in bringing the Good News of Jesus Christ to a broken world. FEBCanada intends to create opportunities for youth in Canada to volunteer in the areas of raising awareness, building broadcasting and social media platforms (including internet radio), and in-field experience (short-term missions). The Youth & Volunteer Coordinator position, a new position, will mobilize youth by raising awareness and engagement of FEBC’s mission and programs.
· Build a strong community of youth supporters and advocates for FEBC.
· Develop and organize events and workshops for youth.
· Coordinate with churches and their youth groups.
· Network with potential partners (mission agencies, social media, training, etc.).
· Oversee social media and internet platforms for youth participation.
· Recruit and manage volunteers.
· Have a heart for Jesus’ Great Commission, by supporting FEBC’s vision of bringing the gospel to all people groups through media.
· Have experience in working with youth in a church or other social setting, including the ability to understand their worldview, and to inspire them to serve in various capacities.
· Have project/program management experience; the ability to put a vision into an action plan and execute effectively.
· Have led a team of volunteers of various backgrounds, capabilities and commitment.
· Feel comfortable to address a crowd and provide instructions.
· Possess strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing, as well as computer software skills.
· Are in touch with the latest trends in social media, youth issues, and understand what shapes their world views.
· Have had some multi-cultural experience through travel and/or spending considerable time with people of various cultural backgrounds.
· Formal training in any of the above areas a plus.
· Excellent people relationship building skills.
· Adaptable to new ideas and environments; organized; creative.
· Bachelor degree.
· Some Christian ministry training.
· 2-3 years of work experience.
· Ideally some (short-term) mission experience.
· Another language such as Cantonese or Mandarin a plus, but not a requirement.
Applicants not meeting all the qualifications might be considered on the basis of an overall evaluation.
This is a paid position starting at three days a week (60%), with the potential of becoming a full-time position. Benefits will be provided. Office location is in Richmond, BC. Some weekend working hours required.
If you feel that the Lord has given you the vision and skills to fulfill this mandate, please send your resume with a cover letter to [email protected].