Purpose: To be a spiritual shepherd and leader with a focus on biblical discipleship and Christ-likeness for the whole church body.
We value pastoral shepherding in the context of discipleship with a commitment to prayer and God’s Word. We are seeking someone with an adequate skill set to give leadership to discipleship but primarily someone who is a humble, godly leader, who meets the following profile:
Must demonstrate and maintain the qualifications of an elder as listed in 1 Timothy 3, Titus 1, and 1 Peter 5.
Must agree with the doctrinal statement of the church and the mission of “Making Disciples who: Worship, Connect, Grow, Serve and Multiply
Must demonstrate a well-rounded depth of understanding of Biblical theology and demonstrate an ability to effectively teach, exhort, lead and correct using the Bible.
Must possess the spiritual maturity to serve others faithfully in dependence upon God through faithful prayer, without self-promotion.
Must exemplify a commitment to work collaboratively with all staff and church members in an effort to foster teamwork within the body.
Must be able to articulate the Gospel clearly and exemplify a commitment to reach the lost with the message and love of Christ.
Must evidence relational capacity to pursue healthy, honest, mature, and respectful relationships in personal integrity and trustworthiness.
Must demonstrate effective written and verbal communication across multi-generational levels.
Our preferred level of education is a Master’s of Divinity with proven experience in small group and discipleship ministry.
A. Discipleship Ministry: Matthew 28:18-20
1. To design, implement and direct an intentional and comprehensive discipleship plan that will encourage all church attendees toward maturity in Christ, in keeping with our mission to see every disciple:
2. To recruit volunteer ministry leaders and equip and encourage them in ongoing ministry faithfulness within church ministries.
3. To develop and direct a small group ministry that fosters spiritual growth and accountability within godly relationships centered around God’s word and prayer.
4. Giving oversight to:
B. Outreach Ministry:
1. Personal Evangelism Training and multiplication strategy
2. Corporate Outreach Events – strategic annual plan