Full Time Lead/Senior Pastor
ABOUT THE ROLE & FBC
First Baptist Church (FBC) is excited to be posting for the role of Sr. Pastor. Communicating God’s Word and revealing Jesus Christ with clear preaching and teaching is an important part of the role. At the heart of FBC is a focus on being an equipping church, which results in the congregation growing in maturity of faith as the Apostle Paul writes in Ephesians 4. Therefore the Sr. Pastor brings experience in a wider context of overseeing an equipping culture. This includes the congregation growing in their individual relationship with God; having meaningful relationships with each other and understanding their mission to what God is calling them to do.
First Baptist Nanaimo is a well-established church with a thriving multi-generational congregation of approximately 350 (includes members and adherents). We have a large volunteer base who works with our pastoral team to minister to all ages. Our vision is for people to KNOW Christ, GROW in their love for God and others and SHARE His gospel.
The Lead/Senior Pastor will:
· Communicate God’s Word and reveal the person of Jesus Christ with clear relevant preaching and teaching
· Equip congregation for service, effectively shepherd followers of Christ, and oversee a discipling culture
· Guide the congregation to become a community on mission
· Support and encourage the leadership team toward maturity in Christ
· Develop meaningful worship services and encourage fellowship that draws people into a
closer personal relationship to God and each other
· Serve as the spiritual guide for Ministry Teams
You have a clear calling to pastor and have strong Godly character and morals. You bring experience as a Sr. Pastor and are either ordained and recognized with the Canadian Baptist of Western Canada or can seek such recognition.
GIFTS AND ABILITIES
We are seeking a candidate that:
· Has strong communication skills
· Is able to develop leadership in others through training and discipleship
· Will collaborate effectively with Elders, Pastors, Council and Staff
· Is able to relate and minister to all ages
· Maturely model and teach godliness and Christian commitment
· Preferred Bachelor of Theology/Biblical Studies/Divinity or equivalent from a recognized institution
· Significant pastoral experience
· Eligible for membership at FBC Nanaimo
Salary and benefits will be based on current recommendations from the CBWC with consideration given to education and experience.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Adele Smith: [email protected]