The Youth Director will be committed to Jesus Christ and to ministry with pre-teens and teens, collaborating with their families and others in the congregations who work with them on a volunteer basis.
The Youth Director will develop supportive relationships, form and nurture spiritual life, and create an inviting community among the youth, in the church, community and local school.
The Youth Director will teach on the Bible, prayer, and the core tenets of the Christian faith, including the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ and model strategies on coping with contemporary hazards faced by youth.
The Youth Director will also model excellent interpersonal and relational skills necessary for working with young people between the ages of 10 and 18, and adult volunteers within the church as well as the administrative skills necessary to perform his or her duties.
Responsibilities: The Youth Director’s key responsibilities include:
1. Providing leadership in the development and implementation of the existing ministry to the youth at FBC.
2. Work with a team to lead Sunday School for pre-teens and teens each Sunday.
3. Organizing Friday evening youth events each week, with a mix of fun, meaningful and service ideas.
4. Working with youth leaders and youth pastors to invest in the students at VSS.
5. Finding innovative ways to provide for the unique needs of the youth at FBC while seeking to integrate and connect youth to the larger church bodies.
6. Providing pastoral support to the youth.
7. Meeting with staff to address issues of integration of the youth into the life of the church.
Supervision: The Youth Director reports to the Senior Pastor of FBC.
Terms: We are offering this position at 10 hours per week and the hourly wage will be commensurate with schooling and experience.
Requirements: ● A love for Jesus ● Experience, either voluntary or professional, working with youth ●Well-versed in the Bible ● Basic understanding of baptism, communion, and other aspects of church life and service. ● Criminal records check
If you are interested, please send your cover letter and resume to the attention of the Youth Director Search Committee at [email protected]