Position Title: Paid Intern
First Steps is a Christian organization committed to preventing child malnutrition in North Korea through programs that provide essential nutrients to young children. (www.firststepscanada.org)
Would you like to work to improve the lives of women and children in North Korea? As part of our team, you will communicate with donors, write thank you letters, newsletters and social media posts. You will work with our office team of staff and volunteers to gather, manage and organize information relevant to our programs (in Canada or in North Korea). At First Steps if tasks require extra hands everyone pitches in, so having a willingness to help wherever needed is essential!
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Help prepare, proof-read and edit written content in a variety of formats
· Create, organize and analyze data
· Research and write concept papers, proposals, fact sheets, etc.
· Work with and supervise volunteers
· Assist with preparations for quarterly visits to North Korea
Skills and Abilities
· You are a confident writer and editor with a strong eye for detail—down to every jot and tittle
· You are able to plan, prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines without supervision
· You are comfortable working with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· You are patient, flexible and have a good attitude
· You understand the sensitive nature of our work and will reflect that in your writing
· You feel comfortable with First Steps’ statement of faith
· You are willing to travel to North Korea and other places
· You are flexible and willing to help wherever needed and eager and willing to learn new things
If you would like to get involved to help women and children in North Korea, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.