FIRST UNITED SPANISH MENNONITE CHURCH PROFILE OUR IDENTITY.
We are F.U.S.M.C. (First United Spanish Mennonite Church). We are a Spanish speaking congregation located in Vancouver BC. and have been serving the community since 1992. Over the years, we have been dedicated to both serving our community and spreading the gospel by being involved and supporting various ministries both locally as well as internationally. The nature of the ministries we serve in and have supported have been targeted towards immigrants and refugees. Our wish is to continue obeying the command set out to us through the great commission in order to expand God’s kingdom.
At the moment we find ourselves in search for a part time Pastor to join us on our mission to spread God’s word and bring many to the knowledge of his endless love. At the moment we are a small group of Christ followers, 20- 30 members from different Latino countries. Our church is starting a revitalization process. Are ministries are: worship ministry, women ministry, children ministry and also prayer meetings and Bible studies. At the moment we are in a revitalization process as a church.
What we offer to a pastor is:
• Part time position ¾ time • A contract offering with extended benefits.
• A small but committed group of individuals who love God and his Kingdom.
• The freedom to design services and biblical based messages.
FIRS UNITED SPANISH MENNONITE CHURCH Pastor Job Description
1. Give general oversight and administration to the functions of the church under direction of the church council
2. Be the main worship celebration speaker: a. preach regularly, b. plan the worship calendar c. arrange for other speakers as needed d. encourage and develop teachers from within the congregation
3. Co-ordinate the worship celebration: – Set the themes and goals of the celebrations in collaboration with worship team and to synch with the teaching theme
4. Be committed to developing the small group ministry such as bible studies: a. offer training, encouragement and planning b. provide care and encouragement for small group leaders c. encourage full participation in church activities including recruiting individuals for required functions, d. help individuals discern, discover and use their gifts and abilities in service inwardly and outwardly in mission
5. Oversee the church staff: a. meet regularly with staff, b. oversee all the church ministries (Youth and summer worker) c. meet regularly with council, and spiritual committee for mutual encouragement and direction, d. have an active part in recruiting and hiring new staff
6. Provide leadership in visitation, preparation for church membership, baptism, marriage and funerals as required. Plan, prepare and conduct communion services and other special occasion services with assistance from church leadership.
7. Be an advocate of Mennonite Church BC and attend the annual conference sessions and the pastor/spouse retreat if possible.
8. Network with other pastors locally and denominationally, to gain encouragement and insights and to help build up other pastors and their ministries as God gives opportunity.
Preference will be given to the man or woman with experience or who has completed an MDiv or equivalent. We will conduct initial interviews during the COVID crisis using ZOOM. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To apply for this position, please forward a cover letter and a curriculum vitae by email to the church office [email protected] Please reply by June 15, 2021.