Fraser Lands Church’s vision is “To be a church of all nations transformed through faith and love in Christ”. In this season, we are excited that God is inviting us on a journey of learning – especially learning about two things. First, learning about the Spiritual practices of Church Renewal; and second, God is calling us to practice Being a Loving Presence of Christ in Our Neighbourhoods.
The Congregation Pastor (Cantonese Ministry) joins a team of 8 other pastors (not including ministry assistants, and administration staff) and reports directly to the Senior Pastor.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Teaching/Christian Education
• Fulfilling other ministry initiatives as required
We are looking for a person who:
• Demonstrates the gift of preaching
• Provides shepherding leadership with a servant’s heart
• Has good administration skills and is an effective communicator overall
• Has flexibility and creativity to work under the current church vision and ministry plans
• Is able to work cooperatively and effectively with the pastoral team to minister to a multi-generational and international congregation of 230+
• Is personable and takes initiative to pursue relationships with others
• Actively participates in church activities, and functions as part of the church family
• Has a missional mindset/lifestyle
• Is culturally intelligent and has experience with cross-cultural ministry
• Has the ability to read, write, and speak Cantonese and must be able to communicate proficiently in English
• Is actively practicing Spiritual gifts and open to the Spirit’s leading
• Has a desire to “grow” with the church congregation
Your experience and educational background:
• Master’s degree from a theological seminary or equivalent
• Accredited or eligible for accreditation as a licensed worker with the C&MA
• Pastoring experience with preaching, teaching, evangelism, and fellowship/small groups development
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume by October 31, 2019 to the chair of the search committee at email@example.com.