Primary responsibilities include:
· Developing and managing a systematic building maintenance and cleaning program for the facility and property.
· Performing regular maintenance and repair of the facility and property.
· Tendering work to trade contractors, negotiating, awarding, and overseeing contracts for the maintenance needs of the facility and property.
· Ensuring security and safety measures are functioning and met.
· Overseeing custodial staff including hiring, training, scheduling, supervising and performance management.
· Assisting custodial staff and/or performing cleaning duties in all aspects during peak usage and/or holiday coverage.
· Assisting with facility bookings and setting up equipment need requirements.
· Conducting safety inspections and performing corrective action as required.
· Responding to facility emergencies and alarm call-outs.
· Developing an annual facilities operating budget.
· Developing and maintaining a filing system for records related to maintenance, trade contacts, schedules, work plans, reports, and forms.
· Overseeing audio visual and lighting systems.
We’re looking for a person who is:
· Experienced and knowledgeable in building management and maintenance processes.
· Hard working, reliable, and trustworthy.
· Able to think and act quickly to solve problems.
· Possesses good organizational skills.
· Handy with tools and able to perform minor building, electrical, plumbing and mechanical repairs.
· Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Customer oriented, dealing with people in a positive, courteous and respectful manner.
· Able to work as part of a team.
· Proactive, take initiative, and work independently with little supervision.
· Has good computer skills with MS Office.
· Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Building maintenance/WHMIS certificate is an asset.
· Criminal records check clearance is mandatory.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] by June 30, 2021.
Thank you, in advance, for applying. Unfortunately, we are only able to contact those whose applications we will be pursuing further.