ASSOCIATE PASTOR OF COMMUNITY LIFE – Job Posting
Fujian Evangelical Church (FEC) is a Reformed Church in America (RCA) congregation. Our church started in January 1985 with five families establishing a unique ministry among the Minnanese speaking people in the Greater Vancouver area. Today we are a multi-generational and multi-lingual church with about 300 people attending our English, Mandarin and MInnanese worship services, and about 70 attendees in our Children and Youth ministries. Our vision is to build-up believers in Christ, equip them to serve Christ and to win the lost to Christ for God’s glory.
Working closely with the Senior Pastor while reporting directly to him, the Associate Pastor is accountable to the FEC Consistory and will join the Senior Pastor and Children Ministry Pastor to form a pastoral team to serve the entire congregation. The ideal candidate is someone who is highly competent, proactive, creative, excellent with people, and is ready and willing to assume increased responsibilities over the next 3-5 years.
As the Associate Pastor of Community Life, you will:
· Oversee all aspects of the Community Group Ministry, Young Adult Ministry and Youth Ministry
· Work alongside the Senior Pastor to share the pulpit ministry and the shepherding responsibilities for the whole congregation
· Work in collaboration with the Children Ministry Pastor to ensure fluid transition between Children Ministry programs and Youth Ministry programs
We’re looking for someone who has:
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Biblical studies, pastoral studies, theology or an area of ministry. M.Div. strongly preferred, or actively working toward their M.Div.
· Experience in cross-cultural, cross-generational ministry, with strong interest in young adults, youth, and family ministries.
· Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills; ability to attract, build, and lead volunteer teams and leaders. Previous experience starting and growing groups and /or ministries an asset.
· Passion for teaching /living God’s word. Exhibited competence in coaching and mentoring youth, young adults, and families with integrity, grace and patience.
· Strong planning, organizing, and administrative skills to complement shepherding responsibilities; coordinate and schedule upcoming and future events.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in ministry.
How to apply
If this sounds like a good fit for you, we invite you to send your cover letter and resume to Pastor.For.FEC@gmail.com. We thank you for your interest but only those under consideration will be contacted.
 Minnanese is a language spoken in southern Fujian , also known as Taiwanese or Hokkien. Today, Minnanese is the most popular spoken Chinese dialect in Philippines, Singapore , Malaysia , Indonesia , Taiwan and southern Fujian province in China.