Gateway Church in The Dalles, OR was blessed to have a long-tenured pastor for about thirty-five years. However, attendance at Gateway Church has been in decline since 2005. This began during the last seven years of our respected pastor’s term and now appears to have stabilized. Since his resignation on January 1, 2012, Gateway Church has experienced high turnover of both ministry and support staff. Gateway leadership recognizes the need for a Pastor who can lead Gateway from decline to growth, questioning to learning, status quo to innovation, division to unity. Someone who can empower, unite and activate change through perseverance and warmth.
Exhibits Godly Character qualities.
• Endeavors to live out Timothy/Titus leadership attributes.
• Leads and influences from a foundation of humility and grace.
• Is self-confident yet self-aware.
• Exhibits honesty and walks with integrity.
• Is Spirit-filled, evidenced by the fruits of the spirit.
• Lives a self-controlled and balanced lifestyle.
• Fosters a strong and godly family.
Has a Biblical worldview, founded on Scripture and Reformed Theology.
• Teaches and walks an evangelistic lifestyle and ecumenical attitude.
• Believes in the power of prayer and has a Biblical view of spiritual gifts.
Preaches with spirit-empowered boldness and clarity that flows from the authoritative Word of God, and moves people to action.
Is an effective leader.
• A visionary who can conceptualize and actualize the vision.
• Is innovative and creative.
• Values collaboration and empowers people.
• Exhibits wisdom, discernment and is an effective problem solver.
Shepherds the flock with caring and wisdom.
• Effectively equips the saints for holy living in today’s world and for works of ministry.
• Is hospitable, approachable and authentic.
• Possess strong interpersonal skills.
• Has a supportive spouse who is engaged in ministry.
Has the ability to lead Gateway through a 24 to 36-month process to clarify Gateway’s identity by discerning God’s direction; determining Gateway’s mission, vision and values; and developing a clear strategy on how to get there. Has a passion for rural communities in the Pacific Northwest and is committed to 5-10 year tenure to revitalize Gateway.
To apply, please,email a cover letter, resume, personal statement of faith (as attachments, not links), and a link to sermons you have preached to Jim Schwinof, PNC Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click http://www.gatewaypc.org/senior-pastor-search for more information about Gateway Church.