Launched in 2012, GCC is a growing, gospel-centered church of about 70 mature adults, young career adults and families.
Primary Responsibilities of the Congregation Pastor:
• oversight of community (as part of the leadership team)
• teaching and preaching
• pastoral care
• empowering members for service
• discipleship and catechism
• coordination of volunteers
• oversee worship ministry
• connecting people to God in worship
• connecting people to one another in community
• connecting people to the needs of the city
• connecting people to their vocational lives as followers of Jesus Christ
Competencies and Attributes
• a devoted follower of Jesus Christ
• mature Christian character
• humble servant leader
• committed to team leadership
• align with the mission and vision of the community
• well-developed preaching and teaching skills
• highly relational and caring
• skill in working in a multicultural and cross-cultural setting
• comfortable working with other partners (e.g. schools, NGOs, churches, etc.)
• ability in Cantonese/Putonghua would be helpful but not essential
• competent administrative skills
Education and Experience
• Master’s of Divinity
• 5-10 years of ministry experience
• experience in leading a congregation in a team
• experience working in an Asian context (especially Hong Kong) would be helpful.
To apply please contact [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.