SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Commercial Kitchen Hood Ventilation Technician primary focus is after sales and technical support of Kitchen Ventilation Equipment. On-site preventative maintenance, repairs, start-ups, validating the system and ensuring equipment meets design intent.
Frequent travel including overnight stays and flexible hours is required to work around kitchen operation hours. Promote and secure maintenance contracts and increase parts sales Service Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Equipment start-ups of PLC controlled by Electrical/Mechanical Kitchen Ventilation Exhaust systems.
Onsite technical support with trades personnel for product installation
Troubleshoot and repair equipment issues
Preventative maintenance of equipment
Visit various project sites to provide hands on and technical field support
Work is accomplished primarily in the field at customer sites and doesn’t follow regular shift hours. Travel is required between client facilities and field sites during support visits. Halton will provide vehicle and required tools. Position will interact with associates at all levels and external customers.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
· Working knowledge / experience with commercial kitchen ventilation or HVAC systems
· Field experience in HVAC, mechanical, electrical and controls systems preferred.
· Knowledge and experience in Electrical Controls, VFDs, and electrical components
· Strong Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
· Ability to work with minimal supervision and possesses strong time management skills
· Excellent Problem Solving and Resolution Skills Required
· Ability to handle multiple priorities while paying attention to detail and organization
· Good Interpersonal Skills and ability to work with all levels of the organization
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Completion of College / University or Technical School
· Previous Technical Experience / Field Service Experience (Electrical & Mechanical)
· Knowledge of Electrical Codes and Building Codes is an asset
· Knowledge on PLCs is an asset
NOTES: FULL TIME PERMANENT POSITION, SALARIED, BENEFITS & PENSION CONTRIBUTION MATCH