Purpose of Hope City Kids
A ministry of Hope City Church, Hope City Kids serves children (and their families) from birth to grade 8. Hope City Kids strives to be missional, multiethnic and multiplying. Our goal is to grow in friendship with Jesus and each other, and share Jesus with others. We learn about God, have fun, be safe, and build relationships. We value each child as Christ values them (Mathew 19:13-15).
Purpose of Role
The Family Ministry Intern will work with the Pastor of Family Ministry to support the vision for Hope City Kids, and assist in the execution of it. The Family Ministry Intern will develop a program for the Intermediate Children Ministry (Grades 4-8).
* Born again Christian who feels a call by God into ministry and has a commitment to sharing the Good News
* A sense of passion for working with children and families
* Strong leadership, organizational, communication and teaching skills
* Ability to self-start and work with volunteer teams
* An understanding of child development, especially Grades 4 to 8
* Minimum 1 year of experience demonstrated with children Grades 4 to 8
Time commitment of 8-10 hours a week