Purpose of Hope City Kids
A ministry of Hope City Church, Hope City Kids serves children (and their families) from birth to grade 8. Hope City Kids strives to be missional, multiethnic and multiplying. Our goal is to grow in friendship with Jesus and each other, and share Jesus with others. We learn about God, have fun, be safe, and build relationships. We value each child as Christ values them (Mathew 19:13-15).
Purpose of Role
The Family Ministry Intern will work with the Pastor of Family Ministry to support the vision for Hope City Kids, and assist in the execution of it. The Family Ministry Intern will develop a program for the Intermediate Children Ministry (Grades 4-8).
* Born again Christian who feels a call by God into ministry and has a commitment to sharing the Good News
* A sense of passion for working with children and families
* Strong leadership, organizational, communication and teaching skills
* Ability to self-start and work with volunteer teams
* An understanding of child development, especially Grades 4 to 8
* Minimum 1 year of experience demonstrated with children Grades 4 to 8
* Oversee Intermediate Life Group two Fridays a month (Grades 4-8)
* Communicate with intermediate children’s parents (upcoming events, encouragement, specific needs of a child, etc.)
* Help plan, prepare, and communicate with the intermediate team in a timely manner in regards to Sunday morning’s game plan (i.e. large group, small group, crafts), and ensure it is completed in a timely fashion
* Participate in the teaching rotation as a Sunday School teacher
* Prepare classrooms for services by checking for safety & cleanliness standards, setting up supplies, etc.
* Participate in ministry meetings
* Collaborate with the team to organize children’s ministry outreach events (Easter, Christmas, etc.)
* Assist in organizing special days (Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Baby Dedications, Baptism, etc.)
* Assist in organizing children’s ministry service projects in the Summer (visiting the RCMP, a Seniors’ home, etc.)
* Assist in organizing/ overseeing children’s program for church wide events (i.e. family meeting, retreat, etc.)
* Available to church and community at large
* Pray for and support the Hope City Kids ministry
* Provide or ensure that those involved with the Hope City Kids ministry, which includes the intermediate children, their families, and the volunteers, receive the pastoral care they need
This position reports to Family Pastor of Hope City Church. If you sense God drawing you to this position please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org