Hope City Church Pastoral Intern for Youth, Young Adults & Worship Ministries Job Description
Position: Pastoral Intern (Contract) – Bible college and seminary students welcome!
Start Date: ASAP
Hours Per Week: 15-20 hours
Type of Role: Intern (stipend available for Sept-Apr – i.e. 2 semesters)
Length of Role: Contract (based on candidate availability) with review to follow
About Hope City Church
Hope City Church exists to bring the hope of Jesus to Greater Vancouver. We envision being missional, multi-ethnic, multi-ethnic, multi-generational and multiplying. As a community, we strive to embody hospitality, authenticity, creativity, and servanthood.
We have one worship service on Sundays and meet in the East Vancouver/Burnaby area (currently online due to COVID-19) with an attendance of approximately 150 people (before COVID we had approximately 20 youth and 10 young adults).
Hope City is part of the Evangelical Free Church of Canada, Lower Pacific District.
To learn more, go to http://www.hopecitychurch.org.
Purpose of Role
To lead the following ministries: Youth (Gr 6-12) & Young Adults (University/20’s).
The ability to lead the Worship (Music) ministry is also preferred but not required to be considered a successful candidate.
● Time commitment of 15-20 hrs/week – flexible, some ministry happening on evenings
● Mandatory Sabbath day
● Attendance at youth and young adult gatherings and Sunday worship services
● Participate in staff meetings once a week for ministry updates and collaboration
● Participate in leadership meetings once a month
● Available to church and community at large – part of community life, i.e. life group
Responsibilities – *Subject to change due to COVID-19*
There are two, or possibly three core responsibilities for this role. If the candidate is able to lead the Worship (Music) ministry, the breakdown of the responsibilities would be: Youth – 50%, Worship – 35%, Young Adults – 15%. Otherwise, the breakdown would be approximately: Youth – 70%, Young Adults – 30%.
Youth (Grades 6-12)
Young Adults (University / 20’s)
Worship (Music) – ability to lead this ministry is preferred, but not required
● Born again Christian with mature faith and ongoing personal spiritual formation in daily life (Bible reading, prayer, fellowship)
● A calling for ministry and a heart for working with youth and young adults
● Committed to mission, vision, and values of Hope City Church
● Bachelor’s Degree in biblical studies, theological education or related field.
● Minimum 1-2 years of relevant experience preferred
● Experience in leading worship and knowledge of implementing worship services (i.e. sound, technology)
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google G Suite applications
● Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication, and teaching skills
● Ability to build and lead volunteer teams
● Adaptable, teachable, enthusiastic, reliable, self-motivated, creative, excellent work ethic, team player
● Criminal Record Check required if hired
This position reports to the Executive Pastor of Hope City Church
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume (including at least 2 references) to [email protected] We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The successful candidate for this position must agree to the beliefs and values in the Hope City Church Statement of Faith. They must also agree to, sign and abide by the biblical principles outlined by these documents throughout their involvement at Hope City Church.