* Function under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor (SP); assist & support the SP at doing ministry in ICRC.
* Perform specific tasks assigned by SP such as public preaching, organizing prayer meeting(s); screening Chinese materials for posting/distribution, officiating baptism/communion/funeral/ wedding/other rites, representing the SP/ICRC at functions, overseeing or assisting at specific ministries, etc.
* Act as pastoral adviser to fellowship/group(s) as directed, providing pastoral care & Biblical counsel to individuals.
* Assist the SP at extending pastoral care to Mandarin folks – providing pastoral counselling; offering referral; conducting visitations, etc – as directed or upon request.
* Lead or organize Bible study group(s); teach/supervise the Chinese baptismal and membership classes, in coordination with the corresponding English teacher/supervisor(s).
* Lead the Chinese adult education ministry; work in coordination with the Education Committee to produce or provide or approve Chinese-language adult educational materials.
* Recruit and train people at doing visitation, hosting newcomers and other kinds of ministry.
* Alert the Senior Pastor to matters of concern related to the areas of responsibilities above.
* May – with SP approval – delegate a reasonable amount of duties while sustaining original accountability.
* Submit a written periodic ministry report to SP as directed.
Fluent in Mandarin, preferably with English conversational skills. Agree and adhere to Christian Reformed faith and practice (see crcna.org & icrc.ca). With formal/non-formal ministry training at an Evangelical seminary or training institution. Preferably with North American church ministry experience.
Terms of Employment: Fulltime (40hrs/wk). Compensation based on qualifications. Three-month probation.
Resume should include, but not limited to, the ffg: Basic personal details, education, work experience, past and present church membership(s), conversion and call account, ministry experience (voluntary, part-time, fulltime posts with years, church name, address, contact person and email address), three referees (= teacher, work/ministry supervisor, colleague – with mailing address, phone number, email address), etc.
Please email resume and cover letter to HR@ICRC.CA , with subject: Assistant Pastor – Mandarin.