MINISTRY POSITION OPENING
Youth Pastor/Youth Worker
Immanuel Christian Reformed Church
Located in Richmond, Metro Vancouver (Canada), ICRC is a multi-lingual, multi-cultural church in the Reformed and Evangelical tradition. To complement our vibrant work among children, adults and seniors, we desire to strengthen our ministry to youth. Toward this, we seek a Youth Pastor/Youth Worker.
1. Function under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor while ministering to high school and college students; perform specific tasks assigned by the Senior Pastor.
2. Evangelism objective: Ensure the Gospel is shared and understood, guiding each youth to respond to Christ’s offer of salvation.
3. Discipleship objective: Disciple the youth to walk closer with God; cultivate their spiritual growth through Bible teaching and/or discipleship.
4. Service objective: Identify and equip new leaders on an on-going basis; provide ministry opportunities in or outside ICRC.
5. Care objective: Attend to individuals’ needs and concerns; offer pastoral care or Biblical counselling; encourage or admonish as appropriate.
6. Integration objective: Ensure smooth progress and transitions for youth towards becoming fully participating members of ICRC.
7. Oversee youth work, set ministry goals for these based on objectives #2-6 above while ensuring objectives and goals are met.
8. Develop good relationships and rapport with the youth; be present at youth functions and Sunday worship service in order to connect with them often.
9. Work in consultation with the pastors/leaders of Children Ministry and English Ministry.
10. Alert the Senior Pastor to matters of concern related to assigned ministry. Submit a written periodic ministry report to Senior Pastor.
Qualifications for Youth Worker/Youth Pastor
a. Born-again Christian; committed to pursuing Christ-like character, intimacy with the Lord and a godly life.
b. With a deep desire to evangelize and disciple youth; able to relate positively to Canadian born/raised youth.
c. Self-motivated, creative, flexible, enthusiastic, tactful, patient, approachable, and relational.
d. Willingness and ability to appreciate the multi-lingual and multi-cultural character of ICRC.
e. Be fully integrated into ICRC church life; adhere without reservations to ICRC faith and practices (see crcna.org & icrc.ca).
f. Fluent in spoken and written English.
g. A team-player committed to working with our Pastoral Team, lay leaders and congregants; ready to work under authority.
h. Has received or is pursuing a degree or non-formal ministry training at an Evangelical seminary or institution.
i. Preferably with at least two years of experience in youth work in a North American church ministry setting.
j. Preferably with a clear call to vocational ministry.
Terms of appointment:
Compensation based on qualifications. Three-month probation.
Resume should include, but need not be limited to: Basic personal details, education, work experience, past and present church membership(s), ministry experience (voluntary/ part-time/ fulltime post with years, church name, address).
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: Application for Youth Pastor/Worker Applications received until position is closed.