Kitsilano Christian Community (KCC) & Fairview Baptist Church (Fairview) are two Baptist churches within the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada. We are two distinct worship communities that share a building and share a vision for a youth director to minister to the youth and pre-teens in both our congregations.
The Youth Director for KCC and Fairview is committed to Jesus Christ and to ministry with pre-teens and teens, collaborating with their families and others in the congregations who work with them on a volunteer basis. The Youth Director will be able to develop supportive and open relationships, form and nurture spiritual life, and create an inviting community among the youth. The Youth Director is able to teach on the Bible, prayer, and the core tenets of the Christian faith, including the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and models strategies on coping with contemporary hazards faced by youth. The Youth Director possesses excellent interpersonal and relational skills necessary for working with young people between the ages of 10 and 18, and adult volunteers within the church as well as the administrative skills necessary to perform his or her duties.
The Youth Director’s key responsibilities include:
• Providing leadership in the development and implementation of the existing ministry to the youth at KCC
• Providing leadership in the establishment and implementation of a youth ministry at Fairview.
• Leading Sunday School for pre-teens and teens three Sundays per month at Kits and three Sundays per months at Fairview.
• Organizing four combined evening youth events per month.
• Developing and organizing lay leaders within KCC and Fairview to assist with these ministries.
• Finding innovative ways to provide for the unique needs of the youth at KCC and Fairview while seeking to integrate and connect youth to the larger church bodies.
• Providing pastoral support to the youth.
• Offering ideas and input about future goals for KCC and Fairview’s ministries to young people.
• Meeting with staff to address issues of integration of the youth into the life of the larger church bodies at KCC and Fairview
• Attending staff meetings as required by the Senior Ministers of KCC and Fairview
• Preparing budgets for the youth ministries at KCC and Fairview for each calendar year.
The Youth Director reports to the Senior Ministers of KCC and Fairview, as appropriate, in relation to the carrying out of the tasks noted above.
We are offering this position at 20 hours per week and the hourly wage will be commensurate with schooling and experience.
A love for Jesus
Experience, either voluntary or professional, working with youth
Well-versed in the Bible
Basic understanding of baptism, communion, and other aspects of church life and service.
Criminal records check
If you are interested, please send your cover letter and resume to the attention of the Youth Director Committee at email@example.com.