To raise up the next generation of Christ-followers, we are looking for a full-time Assistant Pastor. This position will work with the Associate Pastor in Youth & Children’s Ministry in the development of the KEC Children’s Ministry (Karpos).
The primary responsibility of the Assistant Pastor in Children’s Ministry is to collaborate with children’s ministry staff and coordinators to oversee the development of the children’s ministry. Tasks include:
Teach at the Sunday children’s program
Plan and coordinate children’s ministry programs and events
Develop and execute children’s ministry system and policies
Preach occasionally at the Youth Service and the Adult Service
● With a Master Degree in Christian Studies, or equivalent
● Experience in children’s ministry in a Canadian Christian context
● Possess spiritual and emotional maturity; believe in sound doctrines; demonstrate character of Christ-likeness; desire continuous spiritual growth
● Self-motivated, good time management and strong administrative abilities
● A good communicator, a strong team worker with good people skills and competent conflict resolution skills
● Willing to submit to and follow the ministry philosophy of the Lead Pastoral Team
● A lifetime learner in leadership, ministry, and discipleship
● Required to work on Saturday (and weekday evening as needed)
● Work at the office. Able to commute.
● Fluency in written and spoken English (Spoken Cantonese an asset)
● Proficiency in the use of MS Office software, Google applications, cloud services required
● Criminal record check required
● Current First Aid certification preferred, but not required
All interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and covering letter indicating how that meet the qualifications of the position to:
Email: [email protected]
Please quote the job title on the subject line when applying by email.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.