Ladner Christian Reformed Church
Children’s Ministry Director
Purpose: The Children’s Ministry Director will provide leadership, training, support, and oversight to all ministries for children from birth through Grade 7.
Ministry Overview: Ladner CRC is a multi-generational community of followers of Christ. We seek to grow deeply in, love effectively through, and proclaim broadly the Gospel of God’s grace in Christ, all for God’s glory and the worlds good. Ladner CRC is located in Delta BC, 30 minutes outside of Vancouver and is part of the Christian Reformed Church in North America.
The Children’s ministry includes approximately 20 children.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Recruit, train, and coordinate volunteers for children’s ministries with Nursery and kidsLIFE Sunday school given first priority.
· Prepare lessons and crafts for kidsLIFE Sunday School
· Initiate a kidsLIFE Sunday School class for older children (Grade 4-7)
· Build relationships with the children
· Communicate with families regarding spiritual formation, theological development, needs and areas of growth.
· Ensure children’s ministries are inviting, welcoming, and attractive for the children in our community and their families
· Initiate programs and events for community outreach
· Ensure all children’s ministry volunteers are trained in and abide by Safe Church policies
· Collaborate with the Worship Director in creating child-friendly worship services
· Generate strategies to improve intergenerational connectedness within the congregation
· Organize and plan special events and services involving children including a Christmas Program, Palm Sunday, etc.
· Maintain nursery facilities and schedule volunteers
· Attend Ladner CRC regularly
Accountability: The Children’s Ministry Director will report to the Lead Pastor and provide updates to council.
Spiritual – Though not required to be a member of the Christian Reformed Church (CRC), the Candidate must be a professing Christian and adhere to a reformed world view in their teachings. They must have a high regard and knowledge of scripture, and an all-informing view of and personal investment in the gospel of Jesus Christ. They must have a deep love for children, generate new and fresh ideas to engage and challenge them, and have a heart for their spiritual growth.
Experience – Prefer some past experience working with kids and teaching. Candidate will be able to give examples of their ability as a motivated self-starter, and as someone who works well and communicates well with others.
Education – Education, training or experience in child development, faith development, and religious educational theory.
· The position will start at 10 hr/week with a range of $23-$25/hr commensurate with experience. This is a contract position with a one-year commitment minimum
· Mileage for off-site meetings paid at $0.58/km
· Time away to be negotiated three months prior to vacation or leave