Ladner Christian Reformed Church
Job Description – Worship Director
Purpose: To lead people into unified praise and worship of the triune God.
As a congregation, we value the gifts and involvement of our whole congregation, and therefore, the role of the Worship coordinator would not be to replace, but to enhance the volunteer involvement in the areas of Worship ministries. While our current services mainly feature traditional hymns, and occasionally some contemporary songs, we would like the worship coordinator to help us transition to a consistently balanced blend of contemporary and traditional music. We want our worship to be both accessible and a blessing to people who grew up in the church and also those who did not. We desire that our music be sung from the hearts of old and young, new Christians and lifelong believers, as they gather together to praise God.
We seek the person whom God is calling to this position, the person who will help lead us “into unified praise and worship of the triune God”. If you believe you are that person but that this job description doesn’t fit you well, please apply and share your thoughts with us in your cover letter for this application. We expect applicants to commit to this position for a minimum of one year. If you are a current college or seminary student we can have a conversation regarding summer expectations.
· Recruit and coordinate the participation of all volunteers in the worship services
· Review and propose standards for praise team participation and worship leadership
· Offer encouragement and guidance for vocalists, musicians and other participants (including children) in the worship arts
· Review PCO (Planning Center Online) for service content, offer relevant assistance/suggestions
· Work closely with pastors and the Worship Committee to ensure vision, planning within the liturgical calendar
· Consult with Worship Committee, attending/participating in all meetings
· Considering pastor’s message/theme, design services three weeks in advance, including music selection as required. Confirm accompaniment and/or teams.
· Research/coordinate new music selection
· Engage in professional and personal development
· Attend Safe Church training
· Plan/attend major services (Christmas, Easter)
· Will be a spiritually mature, fully devoted follower of Jesus Christ and committed to His Church
· Will attend Ladner CRC regularly and be involved in church life
· Will be passionate about well-planned, meaningful services that resonate with those gathered
· Will be able to articulate and implement our vision for worship to/with volunteers who participate in leading worship, and the congregation
· Will be familiar with the LUYH hymnal, contemporary Christian music and the reformed world view
· Will have a clear understanding of the range of liturgical elements used within the reformed tradition
· Will have good communications and team building skills
· Will have musical skills, able to lead, equip and direct worship teams
· Will have a desire to explore creativity in the worship arts in a fresh way
· Will be able to unite a diversity of ages and backgrounds together in worship, considering the range of spiritual maturity and worship preferences
· Will be self-motivated to meet/exceed deadline expectations
· To LCRC council, reporting to a designated council member
· Regular reviews/discussions within a timeframe to be determined.
· The position is a 10 hr/week contract position with a range of $23-$25/hr commensurate with experience
· Mileage for off-site meetings/education paid at .58/km
· Time away to be negotiated three months prior to vacation or leave