LEF (Langenburg Evangelical Fellowship) is an independent, non-denominational evangelical church located in Langenburg, Saskatchewan.
The community of Langenburg is a vibrant farming and mining community of about 1500 people. For more information about the town of Langenburg, visit http://www.langenburg.ca
LEF is seeking: A full- time or part-time pastor, or a missionary pastor.
Mission Statement: LIFTING UP CHRIST, TRANSFORMED BY HIS LOVE (BORN-AGAIN) & SERVING OTHERS
What we believe: Please visit our church website: http://www.lefchurch.com
Qualifications of Pastor
· Servant leader who has a love for people and is approachable
· Authentic, current, growing relationship with the Lord, with fervent personal prayer life
· Agreement to and embracement of LEF’s core values, mission statement, statement of faith, and constitution
· Desire to share the Gospel of Death, Burial & Resurrection and see people come to believe in Christ
· Familiarity (or willing to learn) with the dynamics of a small rural community
· Willingness to be in an accountability relationship
· Motivated self-starter
Congregational Demographic Presently:
We have a transitional pastor, 4 leadership team members, 1 secretary and many volunteers who are serving in the church of about 50 attendees.
One main service & Sunday schools on Sunday mornings and various meetings throughout the week. We have women’s / young moms’ Bible studies, youth study, men’s study, Bible quizzing, conversational English class, and prayer meeting.
16,000 sqft renovated school with adequate building needs; the facility meets the needs of the congregation.
Pastoral Duties (not limited to):
· Pulpit ministry, as well as leading, equipping, and supporting the leadership team and ministry leaders
· Creating a vision for reaching out to lost people
· Visiting members as well as engaging with the community and ministerial
· Caring for and supporting our youth and multi-generational church family
Preferred additional skills:
Communication skills in preaching, teaching, discipling, evangelizing, organizing, and leading.
Ministry degree with a minimum of 4 years of pastoral (and / or equivalent) experience.
Please send application to this address:
Langenburg Evangelical Fellowship (Attn: Mr. Chad McCord)
410 Wells Avenue
Langenburg, Saskatchewan, Canada
or send the application via email to Mr. Chad McCord at [email protected] or call 306-480-6830
Application to include the following:
· A cover letter with an explanation of your reasons for your interest in this position
· Resume / Curriculum Vitae with a minimum of 3 references
· Your testimonies including salvation, faith story, your beliefs, and your definition of ministry