Lansdowne Chinese Baptist Church is a dual-congregational (Mandarin and English), multi-generational evangelical church in Edmonton. We are looking for a person who has God’s calling for full-time pastoral ministry and the heart and passion to serve the Lord through children’s ministry. This pastor would have a vision in developing our vibrant children ministry to the next level. The pastor will be strong in preaching/teaching and in leadership, and be capable of building up a ministry team of teachers and helpers. The pastor is also a good communicator and able to develop strong relationships with both the English and Mandarin congregations. This position will also be starting up a brand new weekly children’s outreach program such as Awana in the near future.
· Evangelical church background
· Calling from God to full-time ministry
· Passion to serve the Lord through children’s ministry
· Bachelor degree or higher from Christian university/college or seminary
· Experience in both leadership and pastoral care in children’s ministry
· Ministry is in English, Mandarin language skills are an asset
General Job Description
· Works under the lead pastor and is responsible to the board of deacons
· Coordinates with the Children’s Ministry deacon for mobilization and administration related to children’s ministry
· Provides spiritual direction and leadership for the Children’s Ministry
· Provides pastoral care for the Children’s Ministry team and overseeing spiritual needs of the children
· Responsible for preaching, teaching, and training of Children’s Ministry workers
· Reaches out to children’s parents and families
Please email your resume along with a cover letter to our Pastoral Search Committee at [email protected]
This position will remain open until filled.