Latincouver is a non-profit organization that for the past 10 years has been connecting over 100,000 Latin Americans with Latin enthusiasts living in Western Canada. As of today, we are the point of reference within the Latin American community in British Columbia.
Your main responsibilities will be assisting in developing new events; maintaining and organizing special events from concept to completion. Assisting with on-site event management, including set-up, tear-down, and supervision of volunteers where applicable.
Requirements and Skills
* 3 days per week, 4 or 5 hours, at least 3 months
* Excellent communication skills through email, phone and in person – clear, friendly and professional
* Well organized and be able to juggle multiple responsibilities
* Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
* Excellent organizational and time management skills
Opportunity to participate in events
Expanding your professional contacts through Latincouver’s rich network
Feedback of your learning progress
Being part of a fun professional staff team
Reference letter upon completion to upgrade your resume