Job Description: With the opportunity to grow into the position as the lead pastor within 2 years, the pastoral intern will be mentored by the two current pastors, the lead and associate with 33 and 25 years of experience respectively.
· Able to relate to people outside of the church and relate the Christian faith to them
· Able to teach and encourage the members to be actively involved in evangelism
· Able to relate well with youths and effectively communicate with them
· Able to utilize new methods and strategies for worship and ministry
· Able to model, teach and encourage members to grow in their knowledge, relationship, commitment and service of Jesus
· Able to teach and encourage parents and couples to strengthen families in establishing strong Christian homes
· Able to encourage, equip and mobilize members to use their spiritual gifts/talent, interest, personality and experience to build up the body of Christ
Qualification & Education Requirements
– Complete or completed theological training (preferred a master’s level) in a recognized seminary/college.
– Work alongside the pastors to carryout their responsibilities
– Preach at least once per month
– Lead a bible study
– Participate in planning and leading the worship services
– Participate in elders and church council meetings.
Time Commitment: 30 hours per week
Salary/Benefits: To be negotiated