• This pastor, regarding the ministry of the Word, will: 1. Proclaim the Word of God and serve as a teacher of Scripture with emphasis on expository preaching. 2. Spend the necessary time in study and prayer to prepare for weekly worship services, additional Bible studies, prayer meetings, classes, and training. 3. Demonstrate the ability to share the gospel with unbelievers and equip others to share the gospel. 4. Oversee the corporate worship and prayer of the congregation. 5. Communicate the God’s word from both the gospel, and the Old Testament.
• This pastor, regarding shepherding care, will: 1. Oversee meeting the spiritual needs of the congregation. 2. Oversee pastoral care to those in personal crisis through visitation, counseling, and prayer. 3. Appropriately and expediently respond to crisis situations which arise in the congregation and make appropriate professional referrals when necessary. 4. Oversee the ordinances of the Lord’s Supper and Baptism. 5. Participate in the social functions, prayer meetings, and yearly summer conference.
• Education: Minimum of a Master of Divinity degree or equivalent. M.Div and ThM. Preferred.
• Experience: Lead pastor experience or associate pastor with preaching experience
• A follower of Jesus Christ who:
1. Has a heart’s desire and demonstrated ability to communicate God’s Word.
2. Lives out the Biblical qualifications of an elder in family, church, and community settings.
3. Models servant leadership with the ability to work with others on a team.
4. Is prepared to disciple non-believers, new and old believers within our congregation.
5. Is aware of our changing culture and engages individuals in a way that remains faithful to a Biblical worldview.
Lord’s Peace Chapel is an Evangelical community of believers, that meet regularly in Vancouver at the Scottish Cultural Center. The history of LPC dates back to 1998 when several families felt called to participate in a church-planting venture out from Chinese Christian Chapel, which was growing in size. LPC is a multigenerational church, that has a close and nurturing community.
Church Affiliation: Evangelical, Nondenominational, Independent Christian Church Position
Position Commitment: Passionately engaged full-time Church Size: 50+ members with a solid core of full-time and part-time residents
Email Address: email@example.com
Church website: http://www.lordspeacechapel.org/
Additional Info: Chairman, Pastor Search Committee
6228 Balaclava Street, Vancouver, BC V6N 1L6