Mission Creek Alliance Church has a simple focus: To Encounter Jesus, Empower People, and Engage Our City & Beyond.
Encounter: We create environments and opportunities for people to encounter Jesus and experience his transforming love.
Empower: We take steps together to be empowered by the Holy Spirit to flourish as whole human beings.
Engage: We are engaged with the people and needs of our city and beyond to make Jesus famous.
Our next Children’s & Family Pastor will be a discipleship-focused woman or man with a passion to see children and families grow in our three-fold discipleship focus of encounter, empower, engage.
As the Children’s & Family Pastor your primary responsibility is to build and maintain a children’s ministry that leads our kids through an age-specific discipleship process that gives our children an opportunity to encounter Jesus, be empowered by the Holy Spirit, and engage our city and the world beyond with the good news of Jesus.
There are 4 pillars in our Children’s ministry, which the successful candidate is to build their ministry plan around and realize in a highly-relational way:
1. Worship: Disciple our kids to worship God “in their own way”
2. Prayer: Disciple our kids to hear God’s voice and pray for themselves
3. Word: Disciple our kids to know and love God’s Word
4. Fun: Engage our kids with fun to foster relationships and participation
Some specific responsibilities include:
· Lead the Children’s Ministry in a way that aligns with MCA’s overall focus
· Build ministry structures and programs to align with this overall focus
· Work with a team of key parents and encourage them to meaningfully shape vision/structures
· Recruit, lead, equip and develop ministry leaders to use their gifts to disciple kids and parents
· Lead and oversee our Children’s Sunday School that spans nursery into pre-teen ages
· Advance-schedule yearly Children’s ministry activities and discipleship plan
· Implement creative ways to empower our families to disciple their children at home
· Ensure ministry protects the safety of our children and ministry leaders
· Administrate all aspects of the children’s ministry
· Primary leader of our Kids Day Camp (summer kids camp)
· Plan and execute various family events that foster community and outreach
· Provide agreed-upon administrative support to the overall Church, under the direction of your direct report
· Contribute to the MCA Staff Team as a pastor to the wider congregation
· Participate in staff meetings, retreats, and other events as part of the larger Pastoral Team
· Contribute to the special event planning (such as Easter, Christmas, Family services, etc.)
· Preach in our Sunday service, depending on interest, gifting, and ability (no pressure)
The successful woman or man will demonstrate the following:
· Sense of God’s calling to pastoral ministry
· A life marked by key spiritual rhythms of prayer, scripture, rest, fellowship, worship, etc.
· Models spiritual and emotional health and integrity
· Passion for and proven experience in ministering to children and families
· Good rapport with non-churched kids and families
· Demonstrated ability to recruit & build systems and teams for effective ministry
· Ability to lead, communicate truth, and care empathically for people
· A team-builder with administrative and time-management skills
· Has completed a clean current Criminal Record Check
· Has completed a bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in an area of Ministry or Religious Studies. Relevant experience will also be considered
· In support of the C&MA Statement of Faith and MCA’s Leadership Agreement
· Note: The successful candidate will need to be accredited with the C&MA in Canada before being hired
Please send your resume and cover letter to Marcus Schmaling ([email protected])